Ktuner joins in on Tuning

What tuning method will you be going with?

• Total voters

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Not sure about Ktuner, but I know the Hondata FlashPro has live tuning for the current models they support.
I suspect there will be no live tuning on the R. It requires custom code to implement. The moment that is done, everyone in the world will have live tuning for the R as it's trivial to throw the ECU on the bench and pull the ROM.

will you be working on running this?
I don't understand your question? Is the V2 a nice device? It is, we used one on our 1.5T for a long time. Do we plan on putting the stock computer back in our R? When hell freezes over. We grew beyond the capabilities of the stock ECU in the first week of ownership of the R.

@VitViper If purchased through you, will there be a complimentary Vittuned stg1/2 tune included, now or in the future? Thanks!
We will be offering custom tuning for customers.
Sponsored

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
Loved the Hondata on my 08 Si, but will look to see how the CTR solutions compare since I had to sell it with the car (intake mod wouldn't allow me to put the ECU back to stock). Competition is always a good thing and it seems like KTuner has quite a following here, but remember that before Hondata, there was nothing out there to tune Hondas on the fly.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Loved the Hondata on my 08 Si, but will look to see how the CTR solutions compare since I had to sell it with the car (intake mod wouldn't allow me to put the ECU back to stock). Competition is always a good thing and it seems like KTuner has quite a following here, but remember that before Hondata, there was nothing out there to tune Hondas on the fly.
Umm... you sure? KTuner's parent company has been around for 18+ years.

Type Rocket

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP FK8 #2650
Country flag
Umm... you sure? KTuner's parent company has been around for 18+ years.
True, but I don't remember hearing about them cracking Honda ECUs until 2010ish. I don't have your experience, so maybe I'm just showing my ignorance. I was thinking of Hondata's S300 and KPro.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
True, but I don't remember hearing about them cracking Honda ECUs until 2010ish. I don't have your experience, so maybe I'm just showing my ignorance. I was thinking of Hondata's S300 and KPro.
We run HRTuning.com as well, which created NepTune for OBD1 Hondas in the early 2000s. :)

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Doesn't really matter, though. With turbocharged technology, Honda's using Bosch ECUs for the first time with the FK2 and FK8.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@KTuner showing once again why they lead the way on the 10th gen Civic and Accord platform!!! Hats off to KTuner for the Best Price, Best Product, Best Options, and Best Customer Service!!

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
What is left is that the same box do the decryption and re-encryption to return back to stock.

Who will be the first to accomplish that Hondata or KTuner?

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
What is left is that the same box do the decryption and re-encryption to return back to stock.

Who will be the first to accomplish that Hondata or KTuner?
You can return to stock programming at any time via flash. In order to remove the unlock the ECU would need to be bench flashed again. The modification to unlock is in the boot loader, not the program space. i.e. the unlock does not disturb the program space in any way, so factory software is still factory software.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
You can return to stock programming at any time via flash. In order to remove the unlock the ECU would need to be bench flashed again. The modification to unlock is in the boot loader, not the program space. i.e. the unlock does not disturb the program space in any way, so factory software is still factory software.

So the ECU can be sent back to be returned to fully stock form? Awesome.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

Anyone going to Open Source the unlock process? :)
Sponsored