DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
What are the differences between the ktuner 1.2 and the version 2 and hondata flashpro versus the non carb?

What are the preset options that they come with and what do they offer and does anybody have one for sale?

Edit... 2017 honda civ ex hatch 1.5t
Sponsored

Last edited:

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks but not what I'm looking for, I've seen those links..

I'm looking for specifics for the ex hatch, not the typer also looking for what the tunes are on each device. Like.. exmp... hondata carb adds what modes? Non carb adds what modes? Ktune v1 does? And the v2 does?

And if anyone has one for sale

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Basically the V1.2 is a dongle that needs a laptop to function. The V2 has a 5" touchscreen and no laptop is needed. As far as settings and basic tuning features, they do the same thing.

The Race Flashpro has all the bells and whistles. The CARB version has a very limited feature set but it does cost $200 less.

If you're looking for detailed information, use search and/or check out the Hondata and KTuner specific forums here.

There are always plenty of tuning devices available in our classifieds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Basically the V1.2 is a dongle that needs a laptop to function. The V2 has a 5" touchscreen and no laptop is needed. As far as settings and basic tuning features, they do the same thing.

The Race Flashpro has all the bells and whistles. The CARB version has a very limited feature set but it does cost $200 less.

If you're looking for detailed information, use search and/or check out the Hondata and KTuner specific forums here.

There are always plenty of tuning devices available in our classifieds.
Thank you, still trying to just figure out what all preset options are on each device before I buy. But I cant find that info. I plan on buying one.. just not until i know each preset tune first. Like I know they all come with like 3 to 5 presets or what ever I'm just trying to learn what they are

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you, still trying to just figure out what all preset options are on each device before I buy. But I cant find that info. I plan on buying one.. just not until i know each preset tune first. Like I know they all come with like 3 to 5 presets or what ever I'm just trying to learn what they are
The KTuner one is on the bottom of this page, right above the dyno graphs. It gives a pretty general detail about what each stage is.
https://ktuner.com/16civicturbo/
Not sure where to find the Hondata ones.

OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks!!! Exactly what I was looking for.
Seems like ktuner is the way to go.
If you plan to buy one new, look at twostepperformance.com
It comes with TSP Stage 1, which is supposed to be better than the KTuner presets. I bought mine there like 2-3 weeks ago, but haven't gotten it yet so I can't really comment on whether its better or not, but people seem to like it a lot.

OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you plan to buy one new, look at twostepperformance.com
It comes with TSP Stage 1, which is supposed to be better than the KTuner presets. I bought mine there like 2-3 weeks ago, but haven't gotten it yet so I can't really comment on whether its better or not, but people seem to like it a lot.
I see you have the sport.. manual? I only have cvt 1.5t
Are you getting it delivered soon?

EspadaTiburon

First Name
Harlan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see you have the sport.. manual? I only have cvt 1.5t
Are you getting it delivered soon?
I have the CVT. Our torque curve is just more skewed left than the manual one because they don't want too much low end torque to preserve the transmission. The actual KTuner came in 2 days, but the TSP Stage 1 tune hasn't been sent to me yet since they don't have it for my ECU right now. It's because my ECU is a newer one though. I would assume they should have most of the 2017s supported already, so you should get it pretty quickly.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner/hondata for sale? And question.. Ktuner Custom Gauges on Headunit
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner/hondata for sale? And question.. Ktuner Custom Gauges on Headunit
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner/hondata for sale? And question.. Ktuner Data Logging and Flash From Headunit
I prefer Ktuner V1.2 over Ktuner V2 primarily because of it's wireless feature, and here is why:

With Ktuner V1.2, you can set up data / gauges directly on the headunit (you need to install Hondahack of course). It is seamless. When you turn the car on, the Ktuner app automatically appears on the headunit. It is like it came from the factory this way. You can set up your steering wheel buttons (with Hondahack) to automatically open the gauges when you want without taking your hands off the wheel. With Ktuner V2 you need to have a cumbersome screen with a cable attached to it (not clean at all)

With Ktuner V1.2 you can datalog and flash different tunes right directly from the headunit of the car (you need to have Hondahack installed). The OBD dongle will store the datalog data as well as up to 5 different tunes. See pictures below for this feature.

I had Hondata on a previous car and that cable gets really annoying so in my opinion V1.2 is the way to go.

I am selling my V1.2 for $350. Please see this for sale thread: https://www.civicx.com/threads/ktun...lus-shipping-lowered-price.47222/#post-772775