Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I've had KTuner installed for almost 4 months and never had an issue until this morning. I tried to run KTuner on my PC and Kaspersky flagged it, removed it and then all sort of errors started popping for application failures and other craziness. It took me almost 2 hours to let Kaspersky do it's thing and make sure I wasn't about to lose all my stuff. I'm almost afraid to try to reinstall again, anyone else have this happen recently?
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Getting Flagged by Kaspersky KTuner_Trojan
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
KTuner's obviously a legit app but some antiviruses may flag it. Just turn off your antivirus when installing or running KTuner. Can you whitelist the app?

OP
OP
Beholder84

Beholder84

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
KTuner's obviously a legit app but some antiviruses may flag it. Just turn off your antivirus when installing or running KTuner. Can you whitelist the app?
Right, that's what I'm going to try to do next. I just don't get why I've had it installed already for so long, and have had Kaspersky for even longer, that it would all of a sudden do this for seemingly no reason.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Mcafee is same thing. Deleted the app, super annoying.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably due to the obfuscation/encryption of Ktuner and the processes behind it. Obfuscation is done to prevent people from copying source code, reverse engineer it, use it for other purposes aside from the designer's intent. Sometimes crappy antivirus programs will false-positive programs' obfuscation thinking it's a disguised virus. Notice the "generic" nametag, Kaspersky doesn't even know what it's detecting!

I highly recommend BitDefender, or Windows Defender + Malwarebytes, as those programs typically are better with detection rate while keeping false positives to a minimum. Had no issues running Ktuner on my laptop running Avast or my PC with just Defender + Malwarebytes.

Just whitelist Ktuner or swap antivirus programs.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably due to the obfuscation/encryption of Ktuner and the processes behind it. Obfuscation is done to prevent people from copying source code, reverse engineer it, use it for other purposes aside from the designer's intent. Sometimes crappy antivirus programs will false-positive programs' obfuscation thinking it's a disguised virus. Notice the "generic" nametag, Kaspersky doesn't even know what it's detecting!

I highly recommend BitDefender, or Windows Defender + Malwarebytes, as those programs typically are better with detection rate while keeping false positives to a minimum. Had no issues running Ktuner on my laptop running Avast or my PC with just Defender + Malwarebytes.

Just whitelist Ktuner or swap antivirus programs.
Avast has become adware/spyware and resource-hungry. Even Windows Defender is better than Avast.

OP
OP
Beholder84

Beholder84

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Avast has become adware/spyware and resource-hungry. Even Windows Defender is better than Avast.
I had Avast before I got Kaspersky. I guess I've just been hesitant to trust Windows Defender, but the more I keep seeing about it the more I might end up going that route anyway. Wish I didn't just pay for my next year of Kaspersy though.

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's news to me, thanks. Thankfully the computer I have it on I rarely use. Guess it's time to uninstall. We use Bitdefender at work and it's way better anyways haha
Sponsored