Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hello Fellow CivicX Enthusiasts!

It brings me great pleasure to announce our release of KTuner for the 17+ Civic Type-R!!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner For Type-R - Now Available KTunerR

For those of you looking for a little more in depth information on our journey and where we're headed, check out the KTuner and the Type-R – Where do we go from here? post on our website. http://www.KTuner.com/ktunertyper

The short of it is simple. KTuner is available starting tomorrow for the Civic Type-R.

To those of you who have continued to call and email us about supporting this platform, thank you. We apologize that we couldn't spill the beans on how close we were to release, but it is a competitive market.

Who will be supported?
  • We plan to support not only all FK8s worldwide, but also FK2 owners as well.
  • This week we are rolling out support for United Stated Type-R owners.
  • We are beginning to train a dealer in Canada who will be able to perform unlocks for the Canadian market. We hope to launch support for Canada in the upcoming weeks.
  • We already have dealers established who will be unlocking for regions in Europe and regions in Asia once we're ready to release for those markets.
Are the prices for KTuner units going to change because it's a Type-R?
Absolutely not. The rumors that these ECUs were super difficult or expensive to get into are not true. Or at least they didn't have to be. The only additional cost will be having your ECU unlocked.
  • KTunerFlash V1.2 will be available for $699 with unlock.
  • KTunerFlash V2 will be available for $899 with unlock.
  • Any KTuner V1.2 or V2 will work, so no need to get a special unit for the Type-R if you already have a KTuner unit and get a Type-R later on down the road.

How much is unlocking and how will it work? Shipping?
  • Your ECU currently needs to be sent in for a one time unlock.
  • ECUs for our U.S. customers will come directly to KTuner for unlocking.
  • We will add additional dealers authorized to unlock in the U.S. shortly.
  • The cost of unlocking separate from a full kit purchase is $300 and that includes return overnight shipping in the United States.
  • Special shipping arrangements may be an option in certain circumstances.
  • Return packages will require signature. No exceptions.
How long will it take to get my ECU back?
We will be able to get all scheduled incoming ECUs out the same day they're received.

How will we be rolling it out?
We've seen how enthusiastic the market is about tuning options coming and we expect the first few weeks to be something close to overwhelming.
  • We will be scheduling ECU shipments with everyone in an effort to have minimal downtime for everyone sending their ECUs in and to prevent getting backed up.
  • We are taking orders this week for those who want a V1.2.
  • We will begin taking orders for those who want a V2 the week of March 6th.

What tunes will be included?
  • We are launching with a stage 1 tune adding 20whp, more in the low-midrange, and 60wtq.
  • 91+ Octane required.
  • Our stage 2 is already in development.
Can I get custom tuning done?
Much like we launched the 1.5T, there will be limited access to change settings in our initial staged tunes, but we will be including additional access with starter maps as we publish tuning information and train our dealers on this new ECU platform. Of course we'll also be including quick adjustments in our starter maps as well, just like the 1.5T platforms!

Flash back to factory or between tunes at any time!

How to get in touch!!!
We know there are going to be a lot of excited members out there, but we would like to keep our phone lines open for support calls. If you're interested in KTuner for the Type-R please contact us via email only. [email protected]

Thank you for understanding. We're looking forward to working one on one with a lot of you! I hope everyone is as excited as we are!

Regards,
KTuner
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Last edited:

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Reserved For Additional Info
GREAT WORK guys. Happy to say I'm one of the first ones to be getting and testing this out on our Type Rs. Many videos on this to come of course (youtube.com/c/FlyinGato), I am VERY excited!

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Our unlocked by KTuner stock ECU that we've been able to tune for some time. We have just done rapid development on the Type R and grown beyond the capabilities of the OEM ECU strategies (this is not a "Bosch Motorsport" ECU as ignorant bench flashers pushing Dimsport reflashes seem to claim -- it's a made by Bosch box with OEM strategies designed for Honda). It's not a "hard" or "complex" ECU -- the major complexity was in the RSA protection and having to spend time to build table definitions. Tuning it is easy, basic, and exactly what we're used to seeing in OEM vehicles across all kinds of makes/models. I'm glad to see KTuner is now publicly available for customers that only want basic tuning capability.

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner For Type-R - Now Available 28208531_10213588971696254_1305214575_o

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
Still need to send the ECU in see. I was really hoping someone would find a way around this. Out of curiosity, can you share what you have to do with the ECU to unlock it? I guess when I go to tune my car ill need a rental car. What is the expected turn around time on this?

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Still need to send the ECU in see. I was really hoping someone would find a way around this. Out of curiosity, can you share what you have to do with the ECU to unlock it? I guess when I go to tune my car ill need a rental car. What is the expected turn around time on this?
There's no way around it -- you have to open the ECU and "bench flash" it to remove the RSA protection.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
It says on the first post that they can send it out the same day it is received. So the turn around time all depends on your location due to shipping times.

ctr.fk8

First Name
Sky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EP3 FK8
Country flag
I am in Canada, are there any location that I can send my EUC within Canada to have it unlocked?

Travis

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R
I am in Canada, are there any location that I can send my EUC within Canada to have it unlocked?
Who will be supported?
  • We plan to support not only all FK8s worldwide, but also FK2 owners as well.
  • This week we are rolling out support for United Stated Type-R owners.
  • We are beginning to train a dealer in Canada who will be able to perform unlocks for the Canadian market. We hope to launch support for Canada in the upcoming weeks.
  • We already have dealers established who will be unlocking for regions in Europe and regions in Asia once we're ready to release for those markets

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
There's no way around it -- you have to open the ECU and "bench flash" it to remove the RSA protection.
If it somehow gets flashed by Honda, this would require sending it in again to be able to tune it if it is just a software removal?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If it somehow gets flashed by Honda, this would require sending it in again to be able to tune it if it is just a software removal?
Not at all. Once unlocked it's unlocked for good unless it's flashed back to 100% original.

ctr.fk8

First Name
Sky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EP3 FK8
Country flag
Hey Travis, so do I order kTuner V2 from the website? Will you guys ship to Canada? Or will I be able to buy it from the train dealer in Canada? Thanks!
Sponsored