mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
do you guys recommend any upgrades before getting a ktuner? I’ve been considering a PRL intake but i’d honestly just like to get ktuner first. i’m planning on just sticking to stage 1 or 2

thanks!
Sponsored

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
If in a phearable 1.5 map1, do I have to floor it to get to 18psi? What should psi be just normal driving?

BrandonB

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport Hatch
Country flag
If in a phearable 1.5 map1, do I have to floor it to get to 18psi? What should psi be just normal driving?

Whatever the stated boost for that map is would be peak boost under WOT. Normal driving boost levels would depend on throttle percentage, load on the vehicle (hills, etc).

ManuGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-T & '02 Mazda Miata LS
Country flag
I have a related question about KTuner, I hope this is not off-thread.

Choosing between the KTuner V1.2 and V2. Do I have to have either permanently connected to the OBII port, or could I just load the tune and be done with it?

I am definitely new to all of this, and haven't found much related to this, and want to make sure I will be able to keep the interior looking as stock as possible (would not like to add additional screens or hack the head unit) if I decide to pull the trigger to get a tune.

Thank you!

ATLAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I have a related question about KTuner, I hope this is not off-thread.

Choosing between the KTuner V1.2 and V2. Do I have to have either permanently connected to the OBII port, or could I just load the tune and be done with it?

I am definitely new to all of this, and haven't found much related to this, and want to make sure I will be able to keep the interior looking as stock as possible (would not like to add additional screens or hack the head unit) if I decide to pull the trigger to get a tune.

Thank you!
I have the KTuner V1.2 and you do not have to leave it connected to the OBII port. Once you flash your ECU the tune will present whether or not the unit is plugged in. Obviously, if you don't have the unit plugged in you won't be able to get real time data. The other thing to note is that if you leave a unit plugged in, whatever MAP you are in when you turn the car off will be the same MAP you are in when you turn the car back on. If you unplug the unit, every time the car is turned off it will revert back to MAP 1 when you turn the back on (assuming you gave a turn with multiple MAPS).
Sponsored