NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Thanks man I should’ve specified this but the car sat for a little bit and currently has like 830 miles i think but i can’t even drive it but I will very soon. The title transfer process has been ridiculously long and the tags just expired as well. I’ll keep all this in mind. Would you agree a CAI wouldn’t be worth the money?
Sorry I wrote it too long, but it is the best I can do to make it short.

I think it is still brand new. All parts I described should be fine, but better safe than sorry, change the oil and check them all before you think of Ktuner.

Open Air Filter like CAI would not make much for N/A Engine, maybe 5 Hp? Dyno test it to prove.
For me, Drop in Air filter either BMC and K&N is very good already. My advice as a friend, after you sure about engine and transmission health, go to dyno facility for tuning and dynotest to see how it performs.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Think about this @swinks , Drop in Airfilter costs you about maybe $70-$90? and gives you 2-3 Hp.

CAI costs you $180-$250 maybe? depending on brands. And gives you around 5 hp, is it worth it?

You answer it.

OP
OP

swinks

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4.6L V8 2019 Civic 2.0L CVT
Country flag
Think about this @swinks , Drop in Airfilter costs you about maybe $70-$90? and gives you 2-3 Hp.

CAI costs you $180-$250 maybe? depending on brands. And gives you around 5 hp, is it worth it?

You answer it.
Yeah I’ve heard that the intakes that come stock for the honda were already pretty good and a drop in air filter would be good enough. I was already planning on getting a K&N filter.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
CAI isn't just about hp numbers. It's helps reduce IAT's and limits heat soak to prevent power loss.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Yeah I’ve heard that the intakes that come stock for the honda were already pretty good and a drop in air filter would be good enough. I was already planning on getting a K&N filter.
Correct. If you want to spend lot more, get CAI. I personally choose BMC drop in air filter, works great.

CAI isn't just about hp numbers. It's helps reduce IAT's and limits heat soak to prevent power loss.
Lower IAT means cooler Air, Cooler Air means more power and torque.

Heat soak not a real problem in Non Turbo cars as Turbocharged cars has, so I personally not concern about it.

*Personal Preference*

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m tuned w/ aFe takeda stage-2 intake. If you want that engine sound then yea I guess it’s worth it. I got the honeycomb highflow grille as well so that helps a lot with the temps. I like the afe I think it’s the only one that isn’t technically a short ram for our C2’s.

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner for 2019 Honda Civic CVT 47810240-B830-4487-A4FB-61C5F7038704
Sponsored