Ktuner for 2017 Civic EX 2.0L, CVT transmission (non-turbo)

Basha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
Country flag
Hello everyone, I’m a new member here and I’ve been reading a lot of threads that helped me. I ordered the Ktuner 1.2 for my civic, but I have no Idea what to do when it arrives and install it. I’ve been watching a lot of videos but non of them matched my car especially with the non turbo and AEM COLD AIR INTAKE. Everything else in the car is stock, I haven’t changed anything except the Cold air intake and removed the muffler. I still don’t know what are the given base maps (starters) yet, but if anyone has the same car can with Ktuner installed to give me an Idea what is the best and safe for the car, that would be great.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Only 1 tune option for the 2.0na engine.

OP
OP
Basha

Basha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
Country flag
Only 1 tune option for the 2.0na engine.
Thanks for replying bro, do you know if i have to make any changes to the settings after choosing this tune? Other than changing the throttle response from factory to improved II.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Thanks for replying bro, do you know if i have to make any changes to the settings after choosing this tune? Other than changing the throttle response from factory to improved II.
No changes needed for Tune 1, it totally Rocks as is.. just saying

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks bro
No problem. Plus with kTuner, you can also have it custom tuned to eek out any extra whatever if your car has the paddle shifters too

OP
OP
Basha

Basha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
Country flag
No problem. Plus with kTuner, you can also have it custom tuned to eek out any extra whatever if your car has the paddle shifters too
That’s true, I noticed many people saying to go and do a custom tune, but honestly I live in Chicago and I don’t know a trusted shop to do that for me. Also, my car is a regular cvt it does everything by itself, so no paddle shifters unfortunately.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s true, I noticed many people saying to go and do a custom tune, but honestly I live in Chicago and I don’t know a trusted shop to do that for me. Also, my car is a regular cvt it does everything by itself, so no paddle shifters unfortunately.
I personally Love my 2.0L & kTuner's Tune 1. I even left throttle response alone and it's still a better animal all around.. I swear, these things should've just came like this from the factory, Lol

OP
OP
Basha

Basha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
Country flag
I personally Love my 2.0L & kTuner's Tune 1. I even left throttle response alone and it's still a better animal all around.. I swear, these things should've just came like this from the factory, Lol
I’m so excited to install this thing bro. Do you flash it to factory before emissions?

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m so excited to install this thing bro. Do you flash it to factory before emissions?
You can if you like.. but I've seen a buncha ppl posting complete passes with kTuned systems, including @gtman , I think. I'd just tune it and enjoy. Some ppl flash back to stock before some Dealership service work to avoid them weaseling outta warranty coverage. I'm at 15k-20k kTuned miles on mine and still get great ga$ mileage & everything. No regrets here

OP
OP
Basha

Basha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
Country flag
You can if you like.. but I've seen a buncha ppl posting complete passes with kTuned systems, including @gtman , I think. I'd just tune it and enjoy. Some ppl flash back to stock before some Dealership service work to avoid them weaseling outta warranty coverage. I'm at 15k-20k kTuned miles on mine and still get great ga$ mileage & everything. No regrets here
Thanks for all the info bro, I really appreciate it.

OP
OP
Basha

Basha

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX CVT
Country flag
It’s mostly dependent on how strict your emissions checks are. Each state’s is different, what passes in one might not pass in another
Thanks bro, I guess I’ll try my luck and just do the emission with the tune installed, because my car won’t be on a custom tune, I’m just going with one provided by ktuner (which is Tune 1).

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic sedan
Country flag
Thanks bro, I guess I’ll try my luck and just do the emission with the tune installed, because my car won’t be on a custom tune, I’m just going with one provided by ktuner (which is Tune 1).
Hey, I have a 2017 Honda civic (not the manual) 2.0L NA CVT. May I ask where you got your tuner from, and exactly what tune I need to ask for? Sorry I’m new to a lot of this.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The poster you quoted hasn't been here for two years so I'll try my best to answer.

You can buy your KTuner from dozens of sources including PRL Motorsports, MAPerformance, Two Step Performance, Phearable and many other places.

The 2.0 NA tune is built into the free KTuner software you download from the KTuner website.
Sponsored