PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Currently running hondata flex fuel map but just pulled the trigger on a KTuner v1.2 after having been on this forum for a while now and seeing all the progress and support @KTuner offers, I felt compelled to make the switch!

My v1.2 hasn’t come in yet but before I start fiddling with it, I have a few questions:

-For flex fuel, does KTuner have specific ethanol base maps or is flex fuel an option you enable on the base map of your choosing?

-Is the KTuner calibrated to run e30-40 or can I run full fledged e85? The Hondata map I’m running currently allows me to run e85. I have no problem blending at the pump but if I can avoid having to do so, that would be a plus.

-Can data logging and flashing be performed from the TunerView HU app?

Can’t wait and stoked on joining the KTuner crew!
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Welcome aboard!

The basemaps all have flex support, just enable it. Custom tuning will take you much further if you really want to push it.

Currently the fuel system on these vehicles cannot handle full E85 and still maintain safe air/fuel ratios, unless you run E85 at lower boost. We recommend E30-E40, but we have several customers who regularly use E50.

Yes!

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Flex fuel on ktuner requires the ethanol sensor, not sure if you missed that.

OP
OP

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah, I’m already running the TSP plug n play kit with my e85 hondata basemap

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I have the tsp flex fuel converter and ktuner v1.2. You’re gonna need a clutch lol. Mine is starting to slip with anything above 21psi even punching it at 4,000

OP
OP

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hahaha yeah, even with my +6psi e85 hondata basemap I’ve been taking it easy. But I know getting an after market clutch is inevitable

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the tsp flex fuel converter and ktuner v1.2. You’re gonna need a clutch lol. Mine is starting to slip with anything above 21psi even punching it at 4,000
I hope that is not the case. I recently added flex fuel with the 23 Ktuner basemap. I put in 4 psi boost in the flex fuel map, so I only go up to 27 psi. I have all the enables cranked up so it is super responsive. Power delivery is very smooth feeling from idle on! Love it! I just hope my stock clutch can handle it. I think I drive careful enough that I have a shot at keeping the clutch for a while. No slip yet.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope that is not the case. I recently added flex fuel with the 23 Ktuner basemap. I put in 4 psi boost in the flex fuel map, so I only go up to 27 psi. I have all the enables cranked up so it is super responsive. Power delivery is very smooth feeling from idle on! Love it! I just hope my stock clutch can handle it. I think I drive careful enough that I have a shot at keeping the clutch for a while. No slip yet.
Mine was good for about a thousand miles and now it’s really noticeable

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine was good for about a thousand miles and now it’s really noticeable
If you wanted to, you could probably go back to breaking in the clutch again for about a tank of gas and then get another 1000 miles. Maybe more if you changed your driving style a little bit.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you wanted to, you could probably go back to breaking in the clutch again for about a tank of gas and then get another 1000 miles. Maybe more if you changed your driving style a little bit.
What do you mean by breaking the clutch in again?
If I drive normal it’s okay

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What do you mean by breaking the clutch in again?
If I drive normal it’s okay
Drive it like you did when you bought the car and broke in the clutch the first time. What that does is allow a top thin layer of kevlar to rub off and allow the clutch to fully seat. You probably have a thin layer of glaze built up on your clutch and I think that it can be worn off to expose a fresh surface. But, I could be wrong.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Drive it like you did when you bought the car and broke in the clutch the first time. What that does is allow a top thin layer of kevlar to rub off and allow the clutch to fully seat. You probably have a thin layer of glaze built up on your clutch and I think that it can be worn off to expose a fresh surface. But, I could be wrong.
Oh that’s interesting. I don’t think i can baby the car for that long though lol. I’m ready to buy a clutch. Just waiting on the spec one two step is releasing.

OP
OP

PNW_FC3

First Name
Rae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Welcome aboard!

Currently the fuel system on these vehicles cannot handle full E85 and still maintain safe air/fuel ratios, unless you run E85 at lower boost. We recommend E30-E40, but we have several customers who regularly use E50.

Yes!
@KTuner so for the sake of not having to blend for E30ish and say i wanted to run just straight E85 for convenience, what is the highest PSI i could run to allow this? I ask because i was able to do this previously when i used to run hondata with the +6 flex fuel base map.