Ktuner Flex Fuel Converter - $99

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I learned something this evening that as far as I know is not well known as of yet.

The @KTuner "Flex Fuel Converter" is only $99, available through any Ktuner dealer. All you need along with the converter is a flex fuel sensor with pigtail harness (GM or Continental recommended) and a modified or aftermarket fuel line to install it with. While the currently available "pre-assembled kits" are nice, this offers a much lower cost of entry for anyone that is up for doing the work themselves and wants to take advantages of Ktuner's new Flex Fuel tuning options for the 1.5T.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I learned something this evening that as far as I know is not well known as of yet.

The @KTuner "Flex Fuel Converter" is only $99, available through any Ktuner dealer. All you need along with the converter is a flex fuel sensor with pigtail harness (GM or Continental recommended) and a modified or aftermarket fuel line to install it with. While the currently available "pre-assembled kits" are nice, this offers a much lower cost of entry for anyone that is up for doing the work themselves and wants to take advantages of Ktuner's new Flex Fuel tuning options for the 1.5T.
Thanks for mentioning this. That was the point of the video we released earlier this week outlining the converter alone. The KTuner Flex Fuel Converter is available to anyone who wants to build their own flex fuel kit. Multiple dealers are putting together full kits you can purchase which include this converter and all other parts necessary.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for mentioning this. That was the point of the video we released earlier this week outlining the converter alone. The KTuner Flex Fuel Converter is available to anyone who wants to build their own flex fuel kit. Multiple dealers are putting together full kits you can purchase which include this converter and all other parts necessary.
I did not know there was a video but I was able to find it.

In case anyone else would like to see it:

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a difference from this kit and the one vit viper is selling? What's the total estimated cost of building one if we proceed with this route?

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Is there a difference from this kit and the one vit viper is selling? What's the total estimated cost of building one if we proceed with this route?
The converter isn't a kit -- it's one piece of a kit. We offer a complete plug & play solution with high end, quality parts. Including a MilSpec wire harness to make it all work so you can just plug it in and go.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The Converter alone is just the piece we make to convert the ethanol sensor signal to a voltage signal the ECU can use.

We actually wanted to develop flex fuel support for multiple platforms that we support, so we took the time to develop this converter module in the middle of last year. It has been in testing since then and was released early this year for use on another platform (S2000). It's been proven as a reliable unit and saves over the Zeitronix converter by a good $80.

The converter itself is available for those who want to build their own kit. There are always those who prefer to do it themselves and we have no issue with that.

Some of our dealers, like VitViper, are offering complete high quality kits that take the hassle out of building a kit for those who don't want to source the parts themselves.

Last edited:

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
would that kit give any boost with just pump gas that contains up to 10% ethanol or would it just be a waste of money? because dont have E85 near me

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
would that kit give any boost with just pump gas that contains up to 10% ethanol or would it just be a waste of money? because dont have E85 near me
The kit is only useful if you plan on pumping e85.

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The kit is only useful if you plan on pumping e85.
Yeah you are going to want a blend of 30% ethanol or so to hit the sweet spot. That ends up being a couple of gallons of e85 and the rest 93 octane.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kind'a reviving an old thread but I do have a question based on the use of flex fuel and didn't want to start a brand new one completely. I've been looking at your online help at...

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/flex_fuel_tuning_4.htm?ms=AgkAEAhA&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw

...and looking at the options in Ktuner. Looking at your website, it looked like there were no values input in ethanol ignition or boost, however looking at the map in KTuner, it appears you have a default ignition advance of +1 at 2750 RPM ramping up to +5 at 5500 RPM and maintaining to redline. Based on what I'm seeing, I assume this would modify ignition based on use of the basemap alone and no custom tuning would be needed to see some power gain from the use of ethanol alone? I know there have been some numbers WRT estimated power gains competitors have tossed around, but was curious, based on the ignition timing you have placed in the "Ethanol Ignition" drop down, if there had been a dyno done on any stock/near stock cars for these default units that y'all provided? I'd expect is a very conservative good starting point... with proper custom tuning by a professional always being recommended... but I was curious what adding a PnP unit and running~E30 at these default values might get me. I honestly hadn't seen much noise about this one. It seems like "the only game in town" if E85 is w/in reach and you want to get into the mid-200 HP range w/o other mods. Thanks @KTuner !

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Kind'a reviving an old thread but I do have a question based on the use of flex fuel and didn't want to start a brand new one completely. I've been looking at your online help at...

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/flex_fuel_tuning_4.htm?ms=AgkAEAhA&st=MA==&sct=MA==&mw=MjQw

...and looking at the options in Ktuner. Looking at your website, it looked like there were no values input in ethanol ignition or boost, however looking at the map in KTuner, it appears you have a default ignition advance of +1 at 2750 RPM ramping up to +5 at 5500 RPM and maintaining to redline. Based on what I'm seeing, I assume this would modify ignition based on use of the basemap alone and no custom tuning would be needed to see some power gain from the use of ethanol alone? I know there have been some numbers WRT estimated power gains competitors have tossed around, but was curious, based on the ignition timing you have placed in the "Ethanol Ignition" drop down, if there had been a dyno done on any stock/near stock cars for these default units that y'all provided? I'd expect is a very conservative good starting point... with proper custom tuning by a professional always being recommended... but I was curious what adding a PnP unit and running~E30 at these default values might get me. I honestly hadn't seen much noise about this one. It seems like "the only game in town" if E85 is w/in reach and you want to get into the mid-200 HP range w/o other mods. Thanks @KTuner !
This is the stock vs included 23PSI and adding the ethanol kit with the included defaults. 75wtq, 60-65whp midrange, 65whp peak to peak.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner Flex Fuel Converter - $99 CivicXSi23PSIandFlex

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the stock vs included 23PSI and adding the ethanol kit with the included defaults. 75wtq, 60-65whp midrange, 65whp peak to peak.

CivicXSi23PSIandFlex.jpg
Doh! I assume this was on your site and I didn't look hard enough. I spent awhile last night reading a doctorate thesis that Vit had posted up a while ago to try to gain some understanding. Thanks!
Sponsored