J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We have a software update today including some new goodies and some love for our Non-Si 1.5T community members with CVT and MT! Download from the main website downloads page. We'll push out the official notification tomorrow.

Quick Boost By Gear Settings (Si and Non-Si 1.5T With BBG)
:
We've received a lot of questions on how to set boost by gear up, so we've added some options to make it extremely simple! We're excited to add Quick Boost By Gear options which allow you to adjust boost by gear limit tables via a menu selection. Available for all ECUs that currently support Boost By Gear.
Traction:
We offer levels from 10-21PSI that hold flat through the RPM, and levels 10-20PSI that ramp up after peak torque RPM so you can still utilize your top end while maintaining traction down low.
Clutch Preservation:
For those of you trying to keep from hurting the clutch when you step on it in higher gears you now have an easy solution to limit low end torque production by gear.
CVT Preservation:
We've had no issues with the basemaps, but we still see a lot of posts from those concerned with CVT longevity. For those of you looking to add an extra safety net we make it easy!

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner - First Non-Si Map Switching Release, Quick BBG, 27WON Si Testing drex_quick_boost_by_gear_settings_scree

You'll find this feature below Quick Adjustments under Main Parameters. More info can be found here:
http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/quick_boost_by_gear_settings.htm

On The Fly Features For Initial Non-Si ECUs:
We're excited to release on the fly map switching features to our first selection of Non-Si 1.5T ECUs, MT and CVT Civics and Hatches. This covers a large majority of our Non-Si ECU members, so we're putting it out first. More ECUs will receive this feature in upcoming updates!

This includes: Boost Targets Normal, Boost Targets ECO, Turbo Responsiveness, and Turbo RAMP control. You can take it from mild to wild right from the cruise controls!

You can find directions here:
http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/on_the_fly_map_switching.htm

For MT models you also get access to On The Fly Adjustable Launch Control
http://ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/on_the_fly_adjustable_launch_control.htm

If you're currently using one of these bases you'll have access to these great features in today's updates.

Civic Models
  • 5AA-A0x
  • 5AA-A57
  • 5AA-L58
  • 5AA-A67
  • 5AA-L68
  • 5AA-C0x
  • 5AA-C57
  • 5AA-C67
  • 5AA-K0x
  • 5AA-K1x
  • 5AA-K2x
  • 5AA-X0x
Hatchback Models
  • 5AN-95x
  • 5AN-A0x
  • 5AN-A1x
  • 5AN-A5x
  • 5AN-B5x
  • 5AN-L5x
  • 5AN-A6x
  • 5AN-L6x
  • 5AN-C0x
  • 5AN-C1x
  • 5AN-C5x
  • 5AN-K6x

27WON Turbo Basemaps:
In conjunction with Innovative Motorworks and @D-RobIMW we have developed and stress tested some great maps that really take advantage of the 27WON turbo setup and we're looking for Si testers who already have the turbo installed along with a KTuner unit. We will need you to datalog so we can verify data from all over the country. We have been stress testing here through the middle of the hot Arizona summer both with factory and an aftermarket intercooler.

We've been able to produce solid power numbers on pump gas at much lower and safer boost levels, as well as ethanol testing at higher boost levels to provide a great basemap.

Individual results will vary based on aftermarket parts. Below are two different vehicles with a different assortment of aftermarket parts from different companies. Major differences between the two were the intake setup, 2.5" vs 3" Front Pipe. Same dyno, same overall weather conditions, very different outcomes.
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner - First Non-Si Map Switching Release, Quick BBG, 27WON Si Testing W1_Ethanolvs93oct

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner - First Non-Si Map Switching Release, Quick BBG, 27WON Si Testing W1_Ethanolvs93oct2

We hope you're as excited as we are! Thanks for your support!

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Great update. Lots of customers will be very excited about upcoming base-maps from K-Tuner for the W1. Having base-maps for the W1 from both major tuning solutions will make it super easy for customers to get well on their way to optimizing their install. Nice job.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Great update. Lots of customers will be very excited about upcoming base-maps from K-Tuner for the W1. Having base-maps for the W1 from both major tuning solutions will make it super easy for customers to get well on their way to optimizing their install. Nice job.
Definitely agreed. Thanks for your involvement in the process!

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Running the On The Fly on my CVT and wow. To be able to go from commuter traffic map, to a totally aggressive map in about 6 seconds total is awesome. And the aggressive map I ran on Map 1 has a new "Throttle Response" level 3! The really good part is now you can load 3 maps, and test them back to back to back with no down time so you can feel the changes immediately and not having to remember did it really feel better then the other changes, without having to flash and wait 5 more minutes to upload a tune.

@KTuner I'm sure others will want to know so Ill ask here, will it be possible in the future to have "early spool" on map 1 and have it off on map 2 or 3 or is there no way with the logic to have that, it either has to be on or off in all the maps based on the tune you flash?

Thanks for letting us non si and cvt guys in on the fun the Si's get! These are actual usable functions that people want that really do improve the way the car can be used and driven!

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner - First Non-Si Map Switching Release, Quick BBG, 27WON Si Testing upload_2018-8-21_7-16-39

ctl

First Name
ctl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2017 BMW 430i gran coupe, 2020 BMW X3 M40i, 1991 CRX SI
Country flag
I’m interested in testing the basemaps with the w1 turbo I have it installed and have both Hondata unit and a ktuner v2 unit.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
No problem! This does receive Turbo Responsiveness III! Quick Spool can be partially tamed by the RAMP setting and even boost targets. We are looking into making additional features switch as well, but for now these options make a huge difference in levels of drivability.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I’m interested in testing the basemaps with the w1 turbo I have it installed and have both Hondata unit and a ktuner v2 unit.
Contact us by email with your setup.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't own a Ktuner yet but your continuous updates for the CVT blow Hondata out of the water plain and simple. Amazing work.

This update is phenomenal.

Last edited:

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Amazing the difference in aftermarket parts results! I guess the moral of the story is that it is even more important to have a larger turbo breath in and out more freely! If my guess is correct, the best dyno was on a car with a high flow cat!

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
How does CVT Preservation work? Will there be a noticeable difference in how the car drives, or will it be a behind-the-scenes type of change?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How does CVT Preservation work? Will there be a noticeable difference in how the car drives, or will it be a behind-the-scenes type of change?
The new update added a level of turbo responsiveness but the tunes should be the same and safe. There is a huge difference in how the car drives from stock form to the maxed out form for the cvt, but each step is progressively better than the one before and noticeable as well. You can go as conservative as you want, like stock boost and just have the throttle response drop down changed to improved, or go middle ground and choose to have some better turbo response. Let me say, no matter what you choose, its still a computer processing inputs and there will be a very slight delay in punching the throttle and the car responding, but tuned its wayyyy better, and if you put it in L and romp it, its nearly instant boost and throttle on the maxed out map. There are cars out there that have been beat on for 2 years with the cvt tunes and they still run fine. Still not one word about a cvt running ktuner base maps with any cvt issues.

Imski

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I've been waiting for so long for some sort of boost by gear set up. I have no clue when it comes to messing with the tune. thank you so much for this update!! cant wait to set it up!

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
There's nothing that needs to be changed for CVT longevity. Our tunes have been proven safe for the CVT for more than two years running. For those who are extra cautious about preserving them the boost by gear settings make it very easy to keep torque, spin, etc, down in any of the gears. We've seen some people concerned with getting a tuner without an easy way to do this, so here it is.

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
There's nothing that needs to be changed for CVT longevity. Our tunes have been proven safe for the CVT for more than two years running. For those who are extra cautious about preserving them the boost by gear settings make it very easy to keep torque, spin, etc, down in any of the gears. We've seen some people concerned with getting a tuner without an easy way to do this, so here it is.
Got it! I think I may have misinterpreted the Clutch Preservation and CVT Preservation bullet points up above as new features that we can activate. :D

I knew I should have had my coffee before posting!

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Got it! I think I may have misinterpreted the Clutch Preservation and CVT Preservation bullet points up above as new features that we can activate. :D

I knew I should have had my coffee before posting!
While boost by gear has been there, this makes it super easy to setup!
Sponsored