Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
in case someone's wondering why, we have tiny ass turbos that spool up pretty quickly in the first place. The quick adjustments are more than enough to solve this IMO, and especially so for a CVT
No doubt. I currently run Hondata and while the tune is fine above 3,000rpm, it's fairly lame and stock-like below that. It's almost like Hondata forgot about improving the car's lower rpm driveability for the sake of mpg's and CVT fears. Ktuner's quick adjustments put Hondata completely to shame. Looking forward to switching to Ktuner.

Last edited:

Imski

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
the picture of the boost by gear on this post. is that the recommended setting? I'm not sure how everyone has theirs set up

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the picture of the boost by gear on this post. is that the recommended setting? I'm not sure how everyone has theirs set up
It just showing you how you could. Really its up to you how you want to set it up and how it feels to you driving the car. Remember, the basemap has no bbg so basically its fine, changing any of them is only being easier on the cvt than the base map but basically you want to try to set it up where you eliminate all wheel spin at WOT from a launch or a like a slow roll. That will vary based on your type of wheel and tire setup and how much tread you have on your tires. it could change from when they are new to when they are half worn out. My current setup is attached and works for me. Others have needed 14 or 15 psi in first not to spin.

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag
Excellent update @KTuner, thanks for all your hard work! Just wondering...if I kept the quick adjustments and boost targets in Tune 1 stock, could I use 87 octane gas when I'm on that tune? That would be super convenient if I could swap between tunes at the pump before filling up.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Excellent update @KTuner, thanks for all your hard work! Just wondering...if I kept the quick adjustments and boost targets in Tune 1 stock, could I use 87 octane gas when I'm on that tune? That would be super convenient if I could swap between tunes at the pump before filling up.
I recommend only 91 and up tbh no matter what tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you're going for a trip or something this should work out just fine. Just don't get on it full throttle right away as knock control will need to adjust for the fuel. Getting on it right away might cause knock control to jump quite a bit. Let it learn when changing fuels. Also be aware the limitations have changed in the tune vs factory, so it's not like factory 100%.

Higher quality fuel is always better, of course.

rebu81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If you're going for a trip or something this should work out just fine. Just don't get on it full throttle right away as knock control will need to adjust for the fuel. Getting on it right away might cause knock control to jump quite a bit. Let it learn when changing fuels. Also be aware the limitations have changed in the tune vs factory, so it's not like factory 100%.

@KTuner what's considered normal or high knock control value? And How to bring it down quickly?.

Regards,

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner what's considered normal or high knock control value? And How to bring it down quickly?.

Regards,
Its going to vary by area, but most of us who run 93 see .49 most of the time but as high as .60 when its real hot or we ran the car hard. the lower the octane in the fuel the higher your K control is going to be. so basically if you fill with 87, drive for 10 minutes or so without mashing the throttle to see where the k control settles and thats whats going to be normal for you and your fuel.

imccly89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT WOP
Country flag

Perfect, thanks for the reply. I'm planning to continue using 93 octane, but it's good to know this would be relatively safe in a pinch.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
@D-RobIMW This is awesome! In developing this, did you and KTuner find that the basemap is already maxxing out the low end power available on 93 with the 27Won turbo, or would there be room for more low end power with a custom tune?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
@D-RobIMW This is awesome! In developing this, did you and KTuner find that the basemap is already maxxing out the low end power available on 93 with the 27Won turbo, or would there be room for more low end power with a custom tune?
Gonna have to go ethanol

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Non-existent in the Northeast, unfortunately. Oh well.

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Can we run more boost than in the image in the first post for boost by gear in a CVT application?

I would like to run something similar to my current Ktuner Stage 2 levels of boost in 1st gear (21psi), but be able to ramp up to a higher level of boost in 2nd 3rd etc (23.5psi).

Is this possible? I'm certain i can get into the high 13's tune only with the boost by gear set up as above.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Can we run more boost than in the image in the first post for boost by gear in a CVT application?

I would like to run something similar to my current Ktuner Stage 2 levels of boost in 1st gear (21psi), but be able to ramp up to a higher level of boost in 2nd 3rd etc (23.5psi).

Is this possible? I'm certain i can get into the high 13's tune only with the boost by gear set up as above.
Just my personal opinion but 23.5 psi with the CVT is getting into the area where you may be pushing it a bit much long term.
Sponsored