J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I'm having a strange thing happen when I try to switch between the 3 maps. Sometimes my tachometer will read 4.5 instead of the current tune (1, 2, or 3). After a retry, it will work correctly and I can cycle between 1, 2, and 3.
To adjust launch limit you push the clutch in and short press cancel. Have the clutch not engaged for map switching.

KTuner has had a CVT for over two years with a tune higher than the basemap and have had no issues, so the 21 is certainly safe based on that information.
We had the CVT at levels above what we've released to the public for over a year. No BBG was used. Some of our initial testers from April of 2016 are still going strong!
Sponsored

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Can someone explain the whole cvt only having 5 gears? When I use paddles I'm able to go up to 7th?

gugatime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
27WON Turbo Basemaps:
In conjunction with Innovative Motorworks and @D-RobIMW we have developed and stress tested some great maps that really take advantage of the 27WON turbo setup and we're looking for Si testers who already have the turbo installed along with a KTuner unit. We will need you to datalog so we can verify data from all over the country. We have been stress testing here through the middle of the hot Arizona summer both with factory and an aftermarket intercooler.

We've been able to produce solid power numbers on pump gas at much lower and safer boost levels, as well as ethanol testing at higher boost levels to provide a great basemap.

Individual results will vary based on aftermarket parts. Below are two different vehicles with a different assortment of aftermarket parts from different companies. Major differences between the two were the intake setup, 2.5" vs 3" Front Pipe. Same dyno, same overall weather conditions, very different outcomes.
W1_Ethanolvs93oct.png

W1_Ethanolvs93oct2.png

We hope you're as excited as we are! Thanks for your support!
Are there any plans to develop base maps for Non-SI Civics with the 27WON Turbo?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone explain the whole cvt only having 5 gears? When I use paddles I'm able to go up to 7th?
It doesnt have gears.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Are there any plans to develop base maps for Non-SI Civics with the 27WON Turbo?
Yes, that was discussed in another thread.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm targeting 25psi and I saw 26.4 this morning. I ran a 28psi, peak, tune for a little bit. But I'm able to run more ign on the 25-26 psi tune. Idk which one is actually better. My but dyno says the extra ign.

Loving the new release! 1st gear seems right on money set to 16 psi, quick option. Second likes 23 psi quick option. No limits for 3rd+ gears. Running 255s 40 18s on a 9.5" wide wheel.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
One thing that I am confused about with this new feature. If we have the Quick Adjustments setup for 3 different tunes, and now we setup BBG and flash the car, will the car be running whats set under BBG or Quick adjustments?? Is there a hierarchy rule or something that's not described here?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
One thing that I am confused about with this new feature. If we have the Quick Adjustments setup for 3 different tunes, and now we setup BBG and flash the car, will the car be running whats set under BBG or Quick adjustments?? Is there a hierarchy rule or something that's not described here?
From the BBG Limits Help:
"These tables can be used to limit the boost targets for the gear currently chosen in the gear selection table."

i.e. Boost Limits Per Gear.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since Quick BBG would apply to all maps, if Im understanding this correctly. you have bbg set to 17 in 1st gear, but map 1 is a 16 psi tune, Map 2 is 18 and map 3 is 21 psi, map 1 would in 1st gear would target 16, but map 2 and 3 would be limited to 17 in 1st.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since Quick BBG would apply to all maps, if Im understanding this correctly. you have bbg set to 17 in 1st gear, but map 1 is a 16 psi tune, Map 2 is 18 and map 3 is 21 psi, map 1 would in 1st gear would target 16, but map 2 and 3 would be limited to 17 in 1st.
But is there a way to do on the fly switching between BBG and one one of the 3 tunes under quick adjustments?
Or would I have to upload the file altogether?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Boost By Gear is limiting boost (by gear) regardless of what tune you're on. Globally. If you set a limit up for a gear it limits it all the time in that gear. I'm not understanding your question.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Boost By Gear is limiting boost (by gear) regardless of what tune you're on. Globally. If you set a limit up for a gear it limits it all the time in that gear. I'm not understanding your question.
I guess what I’m asking is hard to word correctly lol. Let’s say i have my quick adjustments on tune 1 set to 23psi, and boost my gear set to 19psi all gears. I understood that it will limit it to 19. Question is if I’m driving can I have my quick adjust tune 1 23psi loaded on my v1.2 , would the BBG have to be a separate loaded tune that i cannot toggle between on the fly , correct ?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I guess what I’m asking is hard to word correctly lol. Let’s say i have my quick adjustments on tune 1 set to 23psi, and boost my gear set to 19psi all gears. I understood that it will limit it to 19. Question is if I’m driving can I have my quick adjust tune 1 23psi loaded on my v1.2 , would the BBG have to be a separate loaded tune that i cannot toggle between on the fly , correct ?
Boost by gear settings on the tune you upload override any boost target settings. They're not a separate tune. It's not separate settings. It's part of what you have open and uploaded.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Boost by gear settings on the tune you upload override any boost target settings. They're not a separate tune. It's not separate settings. It's part of what you have open and uploaded.
That’s what I needed to hear. The override part! Thanks

bangminah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Just found out that the Normalized ECO throttle responsiveness makes the Non-ECO mode sportier just like the Sport+ Non-ECO option. Will there be an option in the future to let throttle responsiveness remain the same when ECO mode is on?
Sponsored