Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Thanks!
Definitely very useful. Never read this anywhere but that was probably due to my lack of search.
It's a great feature to turn it off, but also so it doesn't interfere with cruise control!
Sponsored

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Hi guys, can you confirm you actually see KTuner indicate 6th gear whilst cruising? I have not and the only time I see 6th is in reverse. I wonder if the CVT is set up differently here in OZ compared to the US.

I might try to use the paddle shifters when I get on a highway to see if I can get D6.

Cheers!

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Hi guys, can you confirm you actually see KTuner indicate 6th gear whilst cruising? I have not and the only time I see 6th is in reverse. I wonder if the CVT is set up differently here in OZ compared to the US.

I might try to use the paddle shifters when I get on a highway to see if I can get D6.

Cheers!
theres only 5 "gears" on the CVT

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Thanks. It figures. Been meaning to find out about the virtual gears on the CVT since I noticed this more than a year ago when I first got the KTuner. Cheers!

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
hmm seems like the W27 turbo is only worth it if you use E85 imo.
You will see good gains on pump gas as well, but not as much as you'll see with something like the PRL Big turbo kit. At the moment though, if you want to make 300 + WHP, this is probably the most cost effective way to do it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Correct, but for sixth is there for the manuals that are supported, same way if you scroll through the actual boost by gear maps in the table. Perhaps I'll hide it on CVTs!

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
hmm seems like the W27 turbo is only worth it if you use E85 imo.
FYI civic si have their boost increased by 4/5 PSI if you use ~E40. Every 10% ethanol lends you extra 1PSI and that is why there was such a huge difference between ethanol and pump gas. I wish base 1.5t has that tune for ethanol since I have flex fuel but I’m not complaining. I just saw 23 PSI on my hatch even though tune says 21 :). Not sure if it’s bad to see more PSI than target but more powerrr.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FYI civic si have their boost increased by 4/5 PSI if you use ~E40. Every 10% ethanol lends you extra 1PSI and that is why there was such a huge difference between ethanol and pump gas. I wish base 1.5t has that tune for ethanol since I have flex fuel but I’m not complaining. I just saw 23 PSI on my hatch even though tune says 21 :). Not sure if it’s bad to see more PSI than target but more powerrr.
Overboost lol you can just enable the flex fuel option on Ktuner

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm having a strange thing happen when I try to switch between the 3 maps. Sometimes my tachometer will read 4.5 instead of the current tune (1, 2, or 3). After a retry, it will work correctly and I can cycle between 1, 2, and 3.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
whos the oldest of the x gen family to run the ktuner with solid tunes?is the car running strong without any issues?

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
will we eventually have the ability to map the throttle responsiveness and turbo spool settings to each of the three tunes? That way it will behave as "stock" when I use Tune 1 as valet mode.

omens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
whos the oldest of the x gen family to run the ktuner with solid tunes?is the car running strong without any issues?
KTuner has had a CVT for over two years with a tune higher than the basemap and have had no issues, so the 21 is certainly safe based on that information.

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
KTuner has had a CVT for over two years with a tune higher than the basemap and have had no issues, so the 21 is certainly safe based on that information.
To qualify that, I believe it would also depend on the BBG settings as well, which would limit the boost/torque in the low RPM range and gears to safeguard the CVT.

I have been tuned for more than a year now on a custom from Vit with no issues, touch wood and fingers crossed!!
Sponsored