KTuner - First Non-Si Map Switching Release, Quick BBG, 27WON Si Testing

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Very interesting stuff on the dyno charts. I'm guessing that each graph represents a different car, with the dotted line on each representing 93 octane and the solid line representing ethanol. Is this accurate?

I would be very interested in understanding the specifics of the different intake and exhaust setups that account for this delta, because it's huge. The first car would be way more "driveable" in DD conditions, with an almost 30 hp delta at all RPM's!
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Very interesting stuff on the dyno charts. I'm guessing that each graph represents a different car, with the dotted line on each representing 93 octane and the solid line representing ethanol. Is this accurate?

I would be very interested in understanding the specifics of the different intake and exhaust setups that account for this delta, because it's huge. The first car would be way more "driveable" in DD conditions, with an almost 30 hp delta at all RPM's!

Those dyno graphs are under WOT. It will not make 30hp all over rpm at partial throttle. it will probably feel the same under normal driving condition around town

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
@KTuner
I was wondering if you’d be able to add one more feature to give us to adjust rev hang to our desire(completely disable to a set rpm). Such as I like to have rev hang under 3k rather than 2k. And for some fun or runs, of course, I’ll be over 3k rpm. For me, driving in a traffic-daily in San Jose, I would reach 2k(+|- 50) and left of gas(clutch still engaged) and I can feel the car sort of jerking as if it wants to inject gas but also doesn’t want to inject gas as if I’m in 1st and I left of the clutch too quick and it jerks. And also would like the benefit of rev hang to be in the range of smog testing when it comes to it so I wouldn’t have to reflash with rev hang etc..

Would be even better if rev hang rpm is set just like launch control on the fly or set with map switch on the fly. My first map switch is practically stock boost for long distance driving with 3 for aggressive driving.

Thanks in advance.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I love the easy BBG adjustment but I have a question which I hope isn't too newbie-ish. I get the concept but with the CVT actually having no gears what do gears 1-6 represent? I assume gear 1 is to protect the CVT at take off but not sure about the other gears.

Consider this a pre-sale question because Ktuner is in my future. :)

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
I love the easy BBG adnustment but I have a question which I hope isn't too newbie-ish. I get the concept but with the CVT actually having no gears what do gears 1-6 represent? I assume gear 1 is to protect the CVT at take off but not sure about the other gears.

Consider this a pre-sale question because Ktuner is in my future. :)
CVT still has gears. it's simulated in its ratio
You can look at your Hondata logs/mobile app. it will tell you what gears you are in and they have BBG to adjust too in non CARB. Not sure why it's not in the CARB but I guess no one mentioned about it maybe

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
CVT still has gears. it's simulated in its ratio
You can look at your Hondata logs/mobile app. it will tell you what gears you are in and they have BBG to adjust too in non CARB.
Thanks DC. I've seen the gears shown when I run the mobile app but kind of ignored it because I didn't realize it applied to the CVT. Makes sense because D and S have simulated gears but I believe L doesn't, right?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Thanks DC. I've seen the gears shown when I run the mobile app but kind if ignored it because I didn't realize it applied to the CVT. Makes sense because D and S have simulated gears but I believe L doesn't, right?
Never paid attention to it in L. So I'm not sure how it would show up. It has to do with rpm/mph on how the ecu determines what gear it is

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@KTuner
I was wondering if you’d be able to add one more feature to give us to adjust rev hang to our desire(completely disable to a set rpm). Such as I like to have rev hang under 3k rather than 2k. And for some fun or runs, of course, I’ll be over 3k rpm. For me, driving in a traffic-daily in San Jose, I would reach 2k(+|- 50) and left of gas(clutch still engaged) and I can feel the car sort of jerking as if it wants to inject gas but also doesn’t want to inject gas as if I’m in 1st and I left of the clutch too quick and it jerks. And also would like the benefit of rev hang to be in the range of smog testing when it comes to it so I wouldn’t have to reflash with rev hang etc..

Would be even better if rev hang rpm is set just like launch control on the fly or set with map switch on the fly. My first map switch is practically stock boost for long distance driving with 3 for aggressive driving.

Thanks in advance.
You're aware you can hit cruise so the cruise light appears on the dash and that enables rev hang like factory at any time? :)

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never paid attention to it in L. So I'm not sure how it would show up. It has to do with rpm/mph on how the ecu determines what gear it is

Has anyone here ran their car at WOT in 'L' gear? I'd like some feedback from you in a PM.

Otherwise, this is great news. I'm looking at the most aggressive setup available for my next track runs (And daily driving but only the 5% of the time I use it). :headbang:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone here ran their car at WOT in 'L' gear? I'd like some feedback from you in a PM.

Otherwise, this is great news.
I did it last night, I'll do it again today and datalog it. What feedback do you want and Ill see if I can help

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
apparently when he does L wot, It hits a rev limiter or something. He has no logs of it

I ran my a few times with L with no problem back then. e85 and 93 octane

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
apparently when he does L wot, It hits a rev limiter or something. He has no logs of it

I ran my a few times with L with no problem back then. e85 and 93 octane

I'll be datalogging it but yeah, what you said. Sent Dallas a PM. My situation sounds isolated. Will be testing it again. I absolutely want 'L' mode for racing exclusively. Had great success with it in my Fit.

One thing to look at it when the gear shifts. You should notice that it shift earlier in L than in S or D. I say 'shift' loosely because you will only be able to notice it in the software since the revs should stay pegged at max. This s what I expect since this is what I saw in my Fit. Haven't datalogged in L vs D for comparison in this yet.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did a run from 70 -90, it stayed in 4 and didnt change to 5 until I let off, started at 5k rpm and peaked at 5703 at 90 mph. I didnt realize you wanted to see if it will redline and bounce off a limiter. Ill try to do a run later.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
You're aware you can hit cruise so the cruise light appears on the dash and that enables rev hang like factory at any time? :)
Thanks!
Definitely very useful. Never read this anywhere but that was probably due to my lack of search.
Sponsored