Ktuner final boost targer

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Hello guys,

The final boost target in the starter map is set to 22 for the header and 22.5 in the rows.

Does it mean when i target 22 in the boost table it will be traslated to 22.5?
Why isn't it 1:1?
If i wanted to target 23 psi should i change the header to 23 and the rows to 23?

Thanks
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
OP
OP

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
I actually know that help page.
I don't understand why i should have different values between the header and the rows.

Looking better at my final boost target table, all is set to 22 and this makes sense to me!

kytos

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC SPORT 1.5t 2017 EUDM
Country flag
This is how I understand it:

The header cell will limit the whole column as that's the target you want to tune, if you have up to 22psi in the header row you will need to increase (to 25 for example) or it will just process up to 22 psi and no more. You can efectively tune down (and never up, works like a limiter) the boost for an specific RPM/target.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

OP
OP

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
This is how I understand it:

The header cell will limit the whole column as that's the target you want to tune, if you have up to 22psi in the header row you will need to increase (to 25 for example) or it will just process up to 22 psi and no more. You can efectively tune down (and never up, works like a limiter) the boost for an specific RPM/target.

Someone correct me if im wrong.
Quoting from the help page: " As you can see in this example table 22 is the maximum the table allows as a target boost pressure and will target 22.5 as a maximum "

This is where the confusion comes from, if the header is 22 why should i target 22.5?

Anyway i will set it to 1:1 to avoid problems.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You can use the table as you see fit. That includes having them match and even not. If you want a 22 incoming target to actually target 25 outgoing, set the header to 22 and the column values to 25. If you want it 1:1 do that instead.
Sponsored