J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We only display data that's actually relayed from the ECU. If they added a sensor that's in the data stream we'll be happy to add it to the list.
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We only display data that's actually relayed from the ECU. If they added a sensor that's in the data stream we'll be happy to add it to the list.

There are oil pressure sensors already there. Everything is there that's needed. Honda hasn't added any sensors lol...

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
We already have Oil Pressure in the software. He asked about Oil Temp. See previous post for the statement regarding that.
He’s saying that the other companies are using the readout from oilP and other things to mathematically calculate oil temp without having a physical sensor

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
He’s saying that the other companies are using the readout from oilP and other things to mathematically calculate oil temp without having a physical sensor
Correct. That's not relevant to what I said above.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We already have Oil Pressure in the software. He asked about Oil Temp. See previous post for the statement regarding that.

Exactly. Did you not read, or understand what I posted?

It's basic science to calculate oil temperature from oil pressure. You guys are way smarter than I am.... However, do not make me do this for you.

It can also be referred to as "Density of oil as function of temperature" aka "density of X as function of temperature"

I have already stated this is done in the HVAC field..... very commonly. (They use Oil there in refrigerants in case you did not know)

Edit: I just saw you are too lazy to add a simple function that your customers want.

[URL='https://www.civicx.com/forum/goto/post?id=789675' said:
KTuner said:[/URL]

Edit 2:

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fluid-density-temperature-pressure-d_309.html

Last edited:

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Exactly. Did you not read, or understand what I posted?

It's basic science to calculate oil temperature from oil pressure. You guys are way smarter than I am.... However, do not make me do this for you.

It can also be referred to as "Density of oil as function of temperature" aka "density of X as function of temperature"

I have already stated this is done in the HVAC field..... very commonly. (They use Oil there in refrigerants in case you did not know)

Edit: I just saw you are too lazy to add a simple function that your customers want.

Edit 2:

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/fluid-density-temperature-pressure-d_309.html
This is the exact shitty attitude I got via email correspondence with KTuner. Big reason why they never got my money.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Look I was trying not to put the guy on the spot and gave our position on this several times.

If you want to think more closely about oil pressure in an engine you'll likely see why the calculations don't fit perfectly.

If Honda reports an Oil Temp in the OEM level data streams we use, calculated or otherwise, we're happy to add it to the list if possible because that would be their data modeling we're relaying and that might be useful in the way the ECU operates some parameters.

Reporting information as a gimmick that's not going to be 100% accurate is not something we're interested in and you should be happy about that. Some of you might actually use that data to depict what you do on track. If it's not perfect, that could be bad news. Some other companies might not care about that.

Koomoo88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Civic SI
Country flag
I currently have the stage 1 muti-level tune and really like that so far going from comfort -r mode at anytime. My question is that I only have a few mods PRL intercooler,rampage inlet pipe and PRL silicone hose that connects back to the stock air filter box. Is it okay to go to full PRL bolt on multi-stage tune with these mods? Or I won’t be able to take advantage of the tune without more mods?

someone please enlighten me?

Dubers

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic EX-L Coupe 5sp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I currently have the stage 1 muti-level tune and really like that so far going from comfort -r mode at anytime. My question is that I only have a few mods PRL intercooler,rampage inlet pipe and PRL silicone hose that connects back to the stock air filter box. Is it okay to go to full PRL bolt on multi-stage tune with these mods? Or I won’t be able to take advantage of the tune without more mods?

someone please enlighten me?
watching...

Dubers

First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2017 Civic Touring, 2010 Civic EX-L Coupe 5sp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't go full PRL bolt-on tune until you have the full set of modifications.
what is the “full set”? Intake, IC, FP/DP, big turbo kit?
Sponsored