Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it me in pm i can get you in contact with im(precisionautocanada) im working with him/for him

regards

mike
I don't know how to send a PM with the new update on the forum I tried several times. Can you message me? Thanks
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
I don't know how to send a PM with the new update on the forum I tried several times. Can you message me? Thanks
Click the person's name on the post and hit start conversation. But looks like that options isn't available for fk8mike

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Click the person's name on the post and hit start conversation. But looks like that options isn't available for fk8mike
Yeah that's the issue I am having. Other's work fine.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Question for the KTuner users out there ... it is obvious that the KTuner / Hondata is the single best mod for the FK8. But question ...

1. Would you guys consider the KTuner / Hondata a safer ECU tune than OEM. Meaning - it's not running lean etc. for better MPG or emissions like what Honda my due.

2. If tuned - is there more "wear and tear" even though you are not driving aggressively ... say you are just causally driving to work or doing errands. Obviously I totally understand if you drive aggressively there will be more "wear and tear" ... just don't know if the car is tuned with KTuner / Hondata there will be more wear and tear regardless of driving style.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Question for the KTuner users out there ... it is obvious that the KTuner / Hondata is the single best mod for the FK8. But question ...

1. Would you guys consider the KTuner / Hondata a safer ECU tune than OEM. Meaning - it's not running lean etc. for better MPG or emissions like what Honda my due.

2. If tuned - is there more "wear and tear" even though you are not driving aggressively ... say you are just causally driving to work or doing errands. Obviously I totally understand if you drive aggressively there will be more "wear and tear" ... just don't know if the car is tuned with KTuner / Hondata there will be more wear and tear regardless of driving style.
1. I would say that some of the tune's aspects are safer (richer fuel mixture when in boost) and others are more risky (advanced ignition timing, more boost, more demand on the fuel pump). Overall I don't think its a big difference in the safety of the engine aspect.

2. If not driving aggressively, there wouldn't be any more wear and tear on the engine. Most of the changes on the tune are geared for more wide open throttle performance. The changes that were made for idle and part throttle performance will not put more wear and tear on the engine.

In addition, being a "can tune" they are fairly conservative in order to work on 99% of the vehicles without problems. From comparing the gains from the stage 1 ktuner tune and a custom tune by the same person that made the stage 1 it looks as though the custom tune adds about 30-40 extra horsepower on top of the stage 1. So the stage 1 "can tune" is about 50-60% of the total power that the Type-r can squeeze out on the top end and about 60-70% that it can do in the midrange.
That being said, I'm not an expert on these things and these are just my observations.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
It appears that the new 2020 FK8 has a software based oil temperature read out. Is this something that can be added to the existing Tunerview app and/or KTuner?

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It appears that the new 2020 FK8 has a software based oil temperature read out. Is this something that can be added to the existing Tunerview app and/or KTuner?

This is something that has always been possible.

JB4 had a VERY accurate readout for oil temp.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag

Hopefully it can be added to Tunerview then.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

In addition to logging, some of the gauges on the JB4 are quite nice.

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results B21A3D20-8AD8-4D67-80EE-92321D1EC35B

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In addition to logging, some of the gauges on the JB4 are quite nice.

B21A3D20-8AD8-4D67-80EE-92321D1EC35B.png

I agree 100% the datalogging features were awesome.

Once I swapped over to Hondata and confirmed data, I can confirm the JB4 data points were 100% accurate and spot on. I also tested oil temp to check.

Basically it is possible to calculate various temperatures based on pressure once you know the flash point. For example.... We all know water boils at 212 degrees.. There's a ton more science that goes into it, but it would be great to have an oil temp as I know it is possible.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What?!?! I thought we were told repeatedly that there was no Oil Temp readout possible through the OBD port?

There is no physical oil temp sensor, however, it is still possible to calculate oil temp on the FK8. Honda is using the same method that JB4 does.

Edit:

I used to do HVAC and one can calculate the refrigerant temperature based on pressure. It's basic science really.

If Hondata or Ktuner says it is not possible they are lying to you.