J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Also can't wait for warmer weather to update to test out the 1.1 as well. @KTuner for the PRL map is it only for a catless downpipe or high flow cat work as well? Maybe put in the description if there is a difference.

Sidenote I have RV6 myself but assume they are pretty much the same for downnpipe and frontpipe
High flow cat is fine with both of these manufacturers.
Sponsored

jmayo1056

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R PMM #1056
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I loaded up the PRL map. I’m currently running PRL DP, FP, intercooler, charge pipes and Mishimoto intake. The mid range is pretty good. Very noticeable. Seems to drop off above 5.5k, I attribute that to the stronger mid range. While cruising at 80 on the freeway it can get you into trouble. One blip of the gas pedal and your doing 100! I’ll try the 1.1 tune soon and provide some feedback.

Wish I had a Laguna Seca track day coming up so I could compare to previous times.

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After installing the PRL turbo inlet I was having issues with the throttle modulating from 4K rpms up on the regular stage 1 maps. This was causing wot pulls to feel wavy and the throttle would open and close on its own. The new PRL map fixed all of this and works very well with the PRL turbo inlet.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Before work every morning i do a nice little pull since the way i go allows for it. It's not a drastic change but you can definitely feel it in the mid range. Town driving just got way more fun :oops:

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Before work every morning i do a nice little pull since the way i go allows for it. It's not a drastic change but you can definitely feel it in the mid range. Town driving just got way more fun :oops:
like ive said,2-3 gears in city are now punchy :)

jmayo1056

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R PMM #1056
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad you guys are enjoying so far!
With more power comes more traction issues, especially for those of us that track. I have some issues at Laguna, definitely found a lot more traction issues at Buttonwillow last weekend. I’m willing to test/provide datalogs if needed.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The PRL Bolt On map is too much for city driving, I need some street slicks for how it shreds tire. Torque comes on really strong in third though and sport feels pretty comfortable to daily.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ran into a small hiccup today, wasn't really thinking much while driving. Was driving around 35mph or so in 4th gear, decided to do a small pull without downshifting. I gave the car close to full throttle and as the revs started to climb it felt like it hit a wall, heard the exhaust pop didn't feel any power so I let off. Couldn't reproduce it again and the car seemed to pull normal when I tried it again in 2nd, 3rd and even 4th. Not sure if I should be concerned... :hmm:

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ran into a small hiccup today, wasn't really thinking much while driving. Was driving around 35mph or so in 4th gear, decided to do a small pull without downshifting. I gave the car close to full throttle and as the revs started to climb it felt like it hit a wall, heard the exhaust pop didn't feel any power so I let off. Couldn't reproduce it again and the car seemed to pull normal when I tried it again in 2nd, 3rd and even 4th. Not sure if I should be concerned... :hmm:
I had that happen in 5th gear a couple of times. My cars been fine, I would just try to avoid doing it again.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had that happen in 5th gear a couple of times. My cars been fine, I would just try to avoid doing it again.
Well that is a little relieving, I was thinking it might have cut throttle due to fuel because I was just under 1/4 tank and I've heard these cars are a little touchy about being low on fuel.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
normal you ask a bit to much to the engine in 4gears at this speed,a lot of factors is in the way iat's,fuel,mods,etc ;) im protuned and i dont even do this :)

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I rarely almost never try to do a pull in 4th from that low rpm, especially now that it is getting warmer. Gonna keep an eye on it and hope it don't happen again.

R-00152

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results ktuner screenshot

So I uploaded the PRL Bolt On tune, how come the maps are blank? Is it suppose to be like that?

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
ktuner screenshot.jpg

So I uploaded the PRL Bolt On tune, how come the maps are blank? Is it suppose to be like that?

In the bottom table, right next to the little red square {to the right of it), there is a box with a arrow pointing to the right, click that and you'll see all the tuning tables.
Sponsored