Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What updates? Care to elaborate?
They released a new 'stage 1.1' tune and a multilevel tune for full PRL boltons, likely also made by DRob. They also added misfire counts per cylinder on the update before that.
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
They released a new 'stage 1.1' tune and a multilevel tune for full PRL boltons, likely also made by DRob. They also added misfire counts per cylinder on the update before that.
Any more power in that 1.1 tune?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
These tunes have been in testing for quite some time. We do have additional dyno sheets comparing a vehicle with PRL Bolt-ons with stage 1 vs the PRL Bolt-on tune. They'll be posted to the site shortly.
Any more power in that 1.1 tune?
There is. For a "stock" vehicle this tune takes it a little further than the stage 1.

These are courtesy of tons of dev and testing results via @D-RobIMW

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
These tunes have been in testing for quite some time. We do have additional dyno sheets comparing a vehicle with PRL Bolt-ons with stage 1 vs the PRL Bolt-on tune. They'll be posted to the site shortly.

There is. For a "stock" vehicle this tune takes it a little further than the stage 1.

These are courtesy of tons of dev and testing results via @D-RobIMW
That is awesome, I feel like I know the answer to this but would there be any problem with running the PRL Bolt on tune, if some of your bolt ons aren't PRL? As an example I'm currently running PRL intake, Perrin IC, and an RV6 catless DP. I imagine the intake is the biggest variable that has differences between the PRL offering vs the competition.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That is awesome, I feel like I know the answer to this but would there be any problem with running the PRL Bolt on tune, if some of your bolt ons aren't PRL? As an example I'm currently running PRL intake, Perrin IC, and an RV6 catless DP. I imagine the intake is the biggest variable that has differences between the PRL offering vs the competition.
Intakes aren't tuned for at all, actually.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Intakes aren't tuned for at all, actually.
For MAF cars that aren't tuned on speed density it is a number one reason for needing a tune. Take the RACE MAF version of the cobra for the Civic Si, and running 3.5 inch intakes on the 9th gen Civic Si. The point of my question was whether that map could be ran on a car where some of the bolt ons might not be PRL, pointing out that intake might be the part that can have the most difference from manufacturer to manufacturer. Most 3 inch downpipe/frontpipes are going to be pretty much the same and Intercoolers will be slightly different sized but overall the performance is similar between them all. I would assume that running the PRL bolt on tune won't be a problem if you have similar parts, except for the intake where some of them are known to run poorly (injen for example).

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
That is comparable, so you should be ok!

does the stage 1.1 work with PRL bolt ons?
Use the PRL Bolt-On Tune for PRL Bolt-Ons. Stage 1.1 is designed more for a factory vehicle, like the stage 1.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
For MAF cars that aren't tuned on speed density it is a number one reason for needing a tune. Take the RACE MAF version of the cobra for the Civic Si, and running 3.5 inch intakes on the 9th gen Civic Si. The point of my question was whether that map could be ran on a car where some of the bolt ons might not be PRL, pointing out that intake might be the part that can have the most difference from manufacturer to manufacturer. Most 3 inch downpipe/frontpipes are going to be pretty much the same and Intercoolers will be slightly different sized but overall the performance is similar between them all. I would assume that running the PRL bolt on tune won't be a problem if you have similar parts, except for the intake where some of them are known to run poorly (injen for example).
What I meant to say is the intakes we currently have available for the R aren't tuned for at all, except maybe the Eventuri. I was partially answering your question by saying there isn't a difference there currently. The Injen intake runs so poorly because it sucks in hot engine bay air, not because it fucks with airflow. We don't have a race MAF yet.

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
loaded up STage 1.1 as i am stock right now... mid range is pretty good ; > had a lot of fun driving tonight

punkwrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R
Country flag
Well I can't wait to see the deets on this new map. Car is parked for the winter, I have to wait another 4 to 5 weeks to find out :(

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Well I can't wait to see the deets on this new map. Car is parked for the winter, I have to wait another 4 to 5 weeks to find out :(
power in midrange is a way better on the 1.1 map dont hope a big bump in whp but trotle response in 2-3 gears city driving will give a smile for sure,ive looked/studyed those tunes few hours yesterday and nice update

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Also can't wait for warmer weather to update to test out the 1.1 as well. @KTuner for the PRL map is it only for a catless downpipe or high flow cat work as well? Maybe put in the description if there is a difference.

Sidenote I have RV6 myself but assume they are pretty much the same for downnpipe and frontpipe

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Now i really have to pull the trigger on the prl downpipe and intercooler!! Currently only running their HVI.
Sponsored