KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Can you please code in a function for the car to ignore code P0560? "low voltage to ECU"

I keep getting this, repeatedly, and I don't know why. Car cranks and drives just fine.

I'd really love if the unit could just tell the computer to ignore that code.
Yeah the codes are there for a reason. Removing the emission codes make sence since you get them from no longer having a cat. If you are getting a low voltage to ECU code then something may be wrong and needs to be looked at. This is not a common code people get after tuning.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever take it in for that? We try not to just add code disables as patches for actual issues.
yeah, I was thinking the same. Wonder if he has that harness issue that was recalled...
But yeah, I'd take it in for warranty. It may just be coincidental it happened around the time he flashed the ECU.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Totally off topic, I'm going to probably need to switch to the dampening calibration. The temps have dropped here and the car is a monster, lol. Spinning/wheel hopping in 3rd is just crazy when I stomp on the gas.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Totally off topic, I'm going to probably need to switch to the dampening calibration. The temps have dropped here and the car is a monster, lol. Spinning/wheel hopping in 3rd is just crazy when I stomp on the gas.
Yeap here on Indiana too. Car feels sooooooo goood! Im staying with the multi tune. You can control it with your foot.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Did you ever take it in for that? We try not to just add code disables as patches for actual issues.

Have not yet. No other mods. Only mishi catch can, Ktuner, and USR downpipe.

I plan to take it in after this track season is over. Probably early December.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Yeah the codes are there for a reason. Removing the emission codes make sence since you get them from no longer having a cat. If you are getting a low voltage to ECU code then something may be wrong and needs to be looked at. This is not a common code people get after tuning.
Yeah I am definitely going to get it checked out, it just happens like every other time I start the car. Then I have to shut it down, clear the code, then crank it again.

Obviously on track days that is VERY annoying to have to do when I start the car on pit road. I'd just let the code ride out but it disables rev match which I do use depending on what track I'll be at.

I more just wanted the disable as a stop-gap measure until I could get it checked out. The car seems perfectly healthy otherwise. Battery is totally fine, alternator voltage is totally fine. It's just right at the moment that the car cranks that the voltage drops enough to throw the code, and it seems to be more common the hotter it gets. For all I know this existed from day one and didn't show itself until it got really hot outside.

Thanks guys.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
USR FTFW LOL

Not sure if you're implying that anything USR is causing this or not, but I can assure you it isn't. I was on the USR downpipe with zero issues for quite a while before this code popped up.

I never once got a CEL when I just had the USR downpipe. Their stuff is quality and so is the work.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Low/intermittent voltage to the ECU cost us a motor on one of our race cars a year or so ago. The ECU would cut out due to vibrations, which would cause the fuel to stop flowing and timing to get out of whack. That caused detonation, which eventually ate a valve. The valve travelled through the rest of the engine after being sucked back up through the intake.

Don't put off bringing it in for power issues, especially to the ECU.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not sure if you're implying that anything USR is causing this or not, but I can assure you it isn't. I was on the USR downpipe with zero issues for quite a while before this code popped up.

I never once got a CEL when I just had the USR downpipe. Their stuff is quality and so is the work.
Hey no! I have the USR Dp installed too w/ktuner basemap no issues. Im just implying the dp rocks.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Low/intermittent voltage to the ECU cost us a motor on one of our race cars a year or so ago. The ECU would cut out due to vibrations, which would cause the fuel to stop flowing and timing to get out of whack. That caused detonation, which eventually ate a valve. The valve travelled through the rest of the engine after being sucked back up through the intake.

Don't put off bringing it in for power issues, especially to the ECU.

I will definitely get it checked out.

But to reiterate, it's only during cranking that it throws the code. It has never thrown the code during driving.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I will definitely get it checked out.

But to reiterate, it's only during cranking that it throws the code. It has never thrown the code during driving.
That is extremely odd.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ktuner team. Any info or update on the stage 2? Will it require any supporting mods?
Sponsored