KingsR1213

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Single or dual nozzle and how is it going? Just using for iat suppression or have you upped timing?

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Single or dual nozzle and how is it going? Just using for iat suppression or have you upped timing?
single/smallest nozzle on the snowperformance kit 50/50 mix,i use it for octane booster(im on ktuner stage1) iat support and intake valves cleaner.ive got 12-15f lower iat,for knock/timing i cant tell

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
single/smallest nozzle on the snowperformance kit 50/50 mix,i use it for octane booster(im on ktuner stage1) iat support and intake valves cleaner.ive got 12-15f lower iat,for knock/timing i cant tell
Are there any risks for using this kind of setup? This is all new to me. Thanks.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Are there any risks for using this kind of setup? This is all new to me. Thanks.
in fact yes, if your tuned on it and there no failsafe it could be fatal on your engine, unless this i saw benefit:thumbsup:

visualabstrakt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R, 2008 Evo X
Country flag
Has anyone been protune yet? Debating if it would be worth it. Running stage 1. I cant remember off the top of my head but I think the ots maps are 91. I'm sure more can be had on 93, just not sure if it's worth it yet.

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Has anyone been protune yet? Debating if it would be worth it. Running stage 1. I cant remember off the top of my head but I think the ots maps are 91. I'm sure more can be had on 93, just not sure if it's worth it yet.
I've tuned quite a few CTR's with gains over the supplied basemaps. :)

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey guys - I've been running the Stage 1 map for a bit now (no other mods yet) and I'm liking it so far.

I have not run the Stage 1 dampened low end tune map or the Stage 1 dampened first gear tune map

Has anyone had experience with either of these? Thoughts on driveability / launching, etc if you have used these maps?

With winter around the corner, I'm sure a little less low end torque would help with traction. Thanks.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys - I've been running the Stage 1 map for a bit now (no other mods yet) and I'm liking it so far.

I have not run the Stage 1 dampened low end tune map or the Stage 1 dampened first gear tune map

Has anyone had experience with either of these? Thoughts on driveability / launching, etc if you have used these maps?

With winter around the corner, I'm sure a little less low end torque would help with traction. Thanks.
I tried both for a week to two weeks and ended up just going back to Stage 1 + DP (I run a catted RV6 DP). I can modulate the wheelspin with my foot and frankly, it's just more exciting and dramatic.

In fact - just today it occurred to me that Sport applies VSA more aggressively than +R. I got a little spin in 2nd on cold roads this morning and the car just pukes at that point in Sport. But in +R, you can just hear and feel it clawing for traction and not letting up nearly as aggressively as it does in Sport.

So, in short, I really appreciate "driving" the car out of wheelspin and not having the ECU try and do it for me, tune or not. YMMV, but that's my $.02.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

I found it more fun to start with the multi-tune and then lower the torque targets myself in the application for 1st and 2nd till the car is right at the limit of traction. I find modulating the throttle to try to maximize acceleration on the default stage 1 very difficult because of turbo lag. On an NA car, you get a feel for when you need to be at 70% throttle, etc., and you get the same power output every time you do it, but in this car, I tend to floor it to try to get it to spool as fast as possible and then quickly move back to 70% throttle or whatever, which never seemed to work quite right.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Yes, email in. There's a disable for this in the next update, so I'll get you the option.

Can you please code in a function for the car to ignore code P0560? "low voltage to ECU"

I keep getting this, repeatedly, and I don't know why. Car cranks and drives just fine.

I'd really love if the unit could just tell the computer to ignore that code.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you please code in a function for the car to ignore code P0560? "low voltage to ECU"

I keep getting this, repeatedly, and I don't know why. Car cranks and drives just fine.

weird, I've never had that issue. Do you have other mods?

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

Did you ever take it in for that? We try not to just add code disables as patches for actual issues.
Sponsored