KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I don't have the tune yet, but I'll chip in my anecdotal experience driving the Type R around in Florida with near 100% humidity and 90 degree days. The car is very, very noticeably slower in the heat. Even going out at night when it cools into the 70s brings back a lot of the power. I'd love to be able to quantify just how much power is lost, but when the intercooler is already heatsoaked and I floor it in 90+ degree high humidity conditions, the car feels like it has 200hp not 300hp. It kind of sucks and I'll be waiting for cooler temps to get ktuner because of it, but at least it gives me something to look forward to. Nothing is better than going for a drive on a Fall/Winter/Spring day in the mid 50s where it's cold enough to make good power but the tires still grip well. :)

Well in my situation the issue isn’t a drop in power. I actually did a test today where I flashed back to stock, did a pull, then flashed back to stage 1 while I let the car cool and did a pull. The temps here were actually pretty mild today thanks to the hurricane/tropical depression that is coming through.

I’m not going to post here with my results yet. I need to talk to Ktuner first.
Sponsored

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
for me its flawless thanks @KTuner ,power is insane in sport/R mode,multistage reflash im on catless dream dp,afe intake,watermeth setup,temps are dam low (75foutsite) and i see 26-27psi,iat1 60(average) after a wot in 4gears meth is setuped at 10lbs,iat2 follow the outside temps cant wait to get my prl fmic

MrPink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well in my situation the issue isn’t a drop in power. I actually did a test today where I flashed back to stock, did a pull, then flashed back to stage 1 while I let the car cool and did a pull. The temps here were actually pretty mild today thanks to the hurricane/tropical depression that is coming through.

I’m not going to post here with my results yet. I need to talk to Ktuner first.
hmmm i see what ur saying... weird... keep us posted ... i'm on the fence still between hondata and ktuner... I was offered a ktuner 1.2 module .. but I'd rather pay for the results..

NinoTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic TypeR #915
Country flag
I've had my Ktuner for couple of months now and I love it. The R definitely pulls soooo much stronger. AFE Catless DP, Mid-Pipe, and full Exhaust. Mishimoto Intake. Stage 1 is a monster compared to stock.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I've had my Ktuner for couple of months now and I love it. The R definitely pulls soooo much stronger. AFE Catless DP, Mid-Pipe, and full Exhaust. Mishimoto Intake. Stage 1 is a monster compared to stock.

Interesting. I’m on the USR catless DP. Thanks for your input, I look forward to speaking to Ktuner.

I want to be able to say it’s a monster also. I want all that extra power.

What is the max boost you’re seeing in the logs?

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
for me its flawless thanks @KTuner ,power is insane in sport/R mode,multistage reflash im on catless dream dp,afe intake,watermeth setup,temps are dam low (75foutsite) and i see 26-27psi,iat1 60(average) after a wot in 4gears meth is setuped at 10lbs,iat2 follow the outside temps cant wait to get my prl fmic

So you see higher boost on the ktune? I was seeing 23-25 consistently before the tune. Max I saw on all my drives thus far on the multi stage is 22.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
you can always datalog a quick 3rd gear pull on stock tune and then datalog a 3rd gear pull in the same spot with the flash and then use virtual dyno to plot out your maps and see if there is any difference if you don't have access to a dyno close.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
you can always datalog a quick 3rd gear pull on stock tune and then datalog a 3rd gear pull in the same spot with the flash and then use virtual dyno to plot out your maps and see if there is any difference if you don't have access to a dyno close.

I already have the logs, I just need to figure out this virtual dyno thing.

Hopefully soon I can hear from Ktuner as well.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Please provide directions on how to compare datalogs on a virtual dyno.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag

It seems pretty straight forward. I just googled virtual dyno and you need to download the program. I'm figuring it out right now.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I already have the logs, I just need to figure out this virtual dyno thing.

Hopefully soon I can hear from Ktuner as well.
virtual dyno is super easy to use. just trim your datalogs so it only has your 3rd gear pull and then export it as a csv then load it on virtual dyno after setting gear ratios and stuff. The only thing I'm unsure of was the coefficient of drag for the CTR but if your just looking to compare if you are getting higher numbers it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Export the the datalog of the pulls you want to compare as a csv and then load both on virtual dyno.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I'm emailing with Ktuner now. Hopefully I can take some suggestions from them and do another run today (if the roads dry up).

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
virtual dyno is super easy to use. just trim your datalogs so it only has your 3rd gear pull and then export it as a csv then load it on virtual dyno after setting gear ratios and stuff. The only thing I'm unsure of was the coefficient of drag for the CTR but if your just looking to compare if you are getting higher numbers it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Export the the datalog of the pulls you want to compare as a csv and then load both on virtual dyno.

So I've set up all the parameters of the car including the drag coefficient. Two things I don't know:

How to trim the log.
How to save the log in a file type that the virtual dyno can read. I keep getting errors.

Edit: Figured out the file type, just need to know how to isolate the 3rd gear pull from the log. Thanks!

Last edited:

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag

Jal
So I've set up all the parameters of the car including the drag coefficient. Two things I don't know:

How to trim the log.
How to save the log in a file type that the virtual dyno can read. I keep getting errors.

Edit: Figured out the file type, just need to know how to isolate the 3rd gear pull from the log. Thanks!
Go through the excel file and delete rows not related to your wot pull in 3rd gear and save the file.

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
Jal

Go through the excel file and delete rows not related to your wot pull in 3rd gear and save the file.

I did that, and it says not all the columns that are needed are present.....even though they are.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm literally just deleting the unneeded rows, not even touching columns.

Edit: I got it. Accidentally deleted the top row which has all the descriptive information.

Here's what I get from my 3rd gear pull. I don't think the numbers are necessarily accurate, the real value comes from comparing them to the stock pull with all else being equal.

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results VitualDYno.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: