Fedcopper

First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Would be swell if they could cook up a solid tune for the backordered market right now. The only things you can get right now are the Greddy Supreme SP, Mishimoto intake, and a PRL intercooler. The DP and Front pipes are on like a 2 month backorder. My car has been down for a month waiting on these parts. Because a can tune isn't offered for just an intake, exhaust, and intercooler.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Just switched over to Ktuner from JB4 for my CTR after having fuel pressure issues. Started with the stage 0.. noticeable gain, but very mild. Stage 1, SOLID low to mid range punch just as described. I had a few email exchanges with Ktuner and he mentioned stage 1.1 which I completely overlooked. Went ahead and flashed that and WOW. I am sold! Smooth power delivery and ever so slightly stronger than the stage 1. I also feel it holds the power better to redline. My car is stock aside from a drop in filter. Even partial throttle the car is very eager to get going. I noticed that the "diverter valve?" is much louder when getting on and off the boost. I can't wait until temps drop as its 90 degrees right now in south florida. Second gear absolutely has traction issues now and third just goes!

Thank you @KTuner and DRobb for an awesome product! 10/10

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Just switched over to Ktuner from JB4 for my CTR after having fuel pressure issues. Started with the stage 0.. noticeable gain, but very mild. Stage 1, SOLID low to mid range punch just as described. I had a few email exchanges with Ktuner and he mentioned stage 1.1 which I completely overlooked. Went ahead and flashed that and WOW. I am sold! Smooth power delivery and ever so slightly stronger than the stage 1. I also feel it holds the power better to redline. My car is stock aside from a drop in filter. Even partial throttle the car is very eager to get going. I noticed that the "diverter valve?" is much louder when getting on and off the boost. I can't wait until temps drop as its 90 degrees right now in south florida. Second gear absolutely has traction issues now and third just goes!

Thank you @KTuner and DRobb for an awesome product! 10/10
The blow off valve is louder because you are building more boost at part throttle now. I feel like they overdid the power at light throttle (stage 1.1). I like to choose when I want to go fast not the car to choose for me. Anybody else feel the throttle mapping is too aggressive? I do appreciate the boost in power at the higher rpms though if there truly are some.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The blow off valve is louder because you are building more boost at part throttle now. I feel like they overdid the power at light throttle (stage 1.1). I like to choose when I want to go fast not the car to choose for me. Anybody else feel the throttle mapping is too aggressive? I do appreciate the boost in power at the higher rpms though if there truly are some.
I know what you mean, though it doesnt really bother me. You could always put it in comfort mode so the throttle response is less aggressive. It would also be cool if @KTuner did a multi level stage 1.1. Maybe you can copy and paste the map over to the multi tune? Or see if ktuner can do this for us.

Last edited:

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
I know what you mean, though it doesnt really bother me. You could always put it in comfort mode so the throttle response is less aggressive. It would also be cool if @KTuner did a multi level stage 1.1. Maybe you can copy and paste the map over to the multi tune? Or see if ktuner can do this for us.
I changed all of the throttle maps on the 1.1 tune to be the same as the stage 1 up to 70% throttle. I would just run the stage 1 tune but they are claiming an increase in horsepower throughout the whole range with the 1.1 and high rpm horsepower is what I'm really after.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Has anyone added ignition timing to the tunes with success? I run 93 octane exclusively and was wondering if I could get away with adding like 2 degrees of timing from 5k to 7k to get some more horsepower.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has anyone added ignition timing to the tunes with success? I run 93 octane exclusively and was wondering if I could get away with adding like 2 degrees of timing from 5k to 7k to get some more horsepower.
I haven’t but if you try and have success let me know

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The basemaps do have some headroom on ignition on most cars. If they didn't nobody would get a custom tune :p

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)