First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport 10th gen
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner expert needed. F25427EF-2973-401E-96E6-307CA7FB0240

Trying to figure out why these numbers are high or if I should be worried at all. Not too familiar with tuner readings and wondering if it’s anything bad. Car is a 2019 cvt 2.0 with 43000 maintained super well.
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Knock count isn't an issue, only a red flag when you see dozens or hundreds over a very short time.

Your knock control is fairly high though. What fuel and what tune? Other engine mods? Are you dealing with high ambient temps?

We need a lot more info than just a snapshot of two numbers.

OP
OP

Zetsudull

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport 10th gen
Country flag
Knock count isn't an issue, only a red flag when you see dozens or hundreds over a very short time.

Your knock control is fairly high though. What fuel and what tune? Other engine mods? Are you dealing with high ambient temps?

We need a lot more info than just a snapshot of two numbers.
Temp is mid 70s and I’m running 87. Only engine mods I have is a short ram and for others just a cat back and I’m running the standard tune that comes with ktuner.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, he has a 2.0 NA (only one tune available).

OP, If that screenshot was taken after some hard pulls, it would be normal on 87. Fill up with 91 or 93 in the tank and your k.c. numbers will improve and so will your performance a bit.

OP
OP

Zetsudull

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport 10th gen
Country flag

OP, If that screenshot was taken after some hard pulls, it would be normal on 87. Looking at your prior posts, I see you have an intake and a downpipe as well. Fill up with 91 or 93 in the tank and your k.c. numbers will improve and so will your performance a bit.
Yeah some mild pulls but I was normally driving as well as soon as I noticed it. I’m not very familiar with reading off a tuner like I said but I found it fairly odd with the rate at which k.con would spark up to 1 randomly and come back down to .62. Normally I run richer gas but I’ve been putting in 87 as of lately. I also figure I could use new spark plugs because I am at 40k miles and haven’t touched them once I’m just trying to find out possible issues is all.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
1. You honestly don't need to replace your plugs at 40k, unless you want to. That's not an issue here.

2. You have to understand what knock control is. Consider it a safety net. If you use lower octane or low quality gas it will be higher no matter what. And as you push the engine harder or in higher ambient temps or under more load, it will rise up as a protective measure. I actually think Honda designed it rather well.

3. You run a tune. The whole idea is to keep knock control down and timing up. Don't use 87.

As a test, fill up with 91 or better yet, 93. Then post up a datalog in this thread. I have the feeling your numbers will be fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Zetsudull

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport 10th gen
Country flag
1. You honestly don't need to replace your plugs at 40k, unless you want to. That's not an issue here.

2. You have to understand what knock control is. Consider it a safety net. If you use lower octane or low quality gas it will be higher no matter what. And as you push the engine harder or in higher ambient temps or under more load, it will so rise up as a protective measure. I actually think Honda design it rather well.

3. You run a tune. The whole idea is to keep knock control down and timing up. Don't use 87.

As a test, fill up with 91 or better yet, 93. Then post up a datalog in this thread. I have the feeling your numbers will be fine.
Will do appreciate y’all’s input and will update tomorrow or later tonight.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Whoops good catch, thanks.

OP, good advice above. I would try a higher quality fuel.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PA has 93 premium. Use it for best results. Or mid-grade 89 as a compromise.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As per the Ktuner website.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner expert needed. 1623815597691

OP
OP

Zetsudull

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport 10th gen
Country flag
As per the Ktuner website.

1623815597691.png
Emptied what I pretty much had in my tank and switched to 93. I’m now running on average .47 k.con and smoother. Thank you everyone for your help I really appreciate it just wanted to make sure everything was good to go.