J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Tunes you create from File>New aren't locked to a unit, so that's not an actual message you received. I'm unsure why you're not giving the text from the actual message.

If you haven't flashed with a tune file then it's still on factory software and you don't need to flash back to factory to unlock it. This is assuming you've actually locked it to your own vehicle and it's not still locked to the previous owner's. Of course you never contacted support directly so we could look that up.

Don't assume it's unlocked. Verify it. There's clear instructions on how to verify right in the help. If you follow the help and plug the unit in without the vehicle connect you should receive a message that the unit has not yet been locked to an ECU. Then it's unlocked. See the help for what to look for. The section on How To Verify.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

number9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic SI
Country flag
Thanks for all of your help. I verified it is unlocked. I am going to sell. I probably should have said this upfront, but this is my second Ktuner. I purchased one brand new from Amazon months back, I had the same issues with it not having the basemaps or telling me it could not load the basemaps, and I sent it back thinking it was bad. This is the reason I keep saying I think something is wrong with the car. I am just going to leave it stock (which does in fact suck. This car looks nice, but 80 year olds on tricycles pulling wheelbarrows full of bricks pass me up on the on-ramp to the highway every dang morning).

Tunes you create from File>New aren't locked to a unit, so that's not an actual message you received. I'm unsure why you're not giving the text from the actual message.

If you haven't flashed with a tune file then it's still on factory software and you don't need to flash back to factory to unlock it. This is assuming you've actually locked it to your own vehicle and it's not still locked to the previous owner's. Of course you never contacted support directly so we could look that up.

Don't assume it's unlocked. Verify it. There's clear instructions on how to verify right in the help. If you follow the help and plug the unit in without the vehicle connect you should receive a message that the unit has not yet been locked to an ECU. Then it's unlocked. See the help for what to look for. The section on How To Verify.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Glad you verified.

If you were able to lock to it and unlock from it, the vehicle isn't the issue. If you had the same experience with both units it sounds more like you didn't select your ECU number and hit next when you went into File>New Tune, like the tutorial video shows, as tunes are listed as soon as you lock to a vehicle with a supported ECU.

Last edited:

Daro

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 turbo CVT internacional
Country flag
Good afternoon,

Do you know if they were able to solve it? What was the problem?
Sponsored