Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have been autocrossing my Si for a couple of years now and progressing with my mods and experience. I have been wanting to learn more about datalogging and KTuner V2 allows for this during an event. I also learned to enable the extended data for capturing brake pressure, steering angle and g-forces. The problem is, the export feature only shows general parameters and does not include the extended data when exporting. Looking at the data in the KTuner software it shows 0.85G in a dirty corner on the way to work this morning, but it's cumbersome to view the data point by point in the software, and would be best to pull it into Excel. KTuner software doesn't even have an option to display the extended data graphically.
If anyone has any advice on how to export the datalog with the extended data, this would help a lot of people, I'm sure. It has lateral acceleration and longitudinal acceleration if we can just get it out of the software and into Excel. There are some chassis and traction control setup opportunities to optimize performance for street and track purposes even if all we can do is take a glimpse in the software. Better than watching the stock digital gauge on the dash while avoiding cones and other obstacles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
As a quick update. KTuner advised me to put Tuner View on my phone to sync with the V2 display and its datalogger will record all parameters. I did that last night and it exported everything to CSV. I then opened it up in Excel and graphed what i wanted. The BT interface with the V2 display is not always reliable, so once it's running start recording prior to any run. Don't think you can just hit record at the start line. Plan for a few minutes to reconnect while waiting in grid. Works great otherwise. It's also a free app.

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Last update. I solved the BT connectivity issue. I had to disable the BT for Android Auto. Android Auto uses BT for the phone, but the cable for all the other high bandwidth features. Once I turned it off, I can still use the phone when using Android Auto, and the TunerView app connects within seconds each time. I raced with it over last weekend and just started and stopped logging with no problems. Got great results at the track. Being able to log the extended data really helps to see what traction you really have and how much brake pressure you are using into a turn. Compare that to the video footage and you have a well rounded data set. Hope this helps anyone interested in turning and braking these cars.
Sponsored