2.0L KTuner CVT Throttle Response

roxaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
What did you guys set your throttle response to in ktuner?
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Most people do 2 I think. I only flashed a few weeks ago. And I didn’t do 2. And haven’t had a chance to reflash to 2. I want to drive around a bit more to see how the car is. The thing is, I have a 1.5t hatch also. So I have lately been only driving the hatch and haven’t driven my 2.0 in over a week...but I will eventually go to the 2.

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
I liked the jumpiness of level 2, but I think a few people here found it too responsive.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Difference between base throttle response, 1 and 2, seems about the same "response" on pedal press, while1 and 2 give more and more throttle with less and less pressure on the accelerator. Could be wrong here, but that's what it seems like to me. I've gotten used to the 2 setting.

Tobus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic RS
Country flag
After trying 1 and 2, I ended up reverting the default/factory setting - I have a curved uphill reverse to get out of my driveway and found it was hard to hit and maintain the exact speed I wanted with the more aggressive settings. It would alternately over-/under-rev as I tried, and failed, to find the sweet spot... after a few months I gave up and went back to the default setting which makes low-speed manoeuvres (reverse parking as well) much smoother.

From my experience there's no different in response time apart from your foot needing to travel a bit more, it's seems to be adjusting how much pedal = how much throttle, not reducing any delay in pedal->throttle reaction time as such.

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
New to cvt but wonder if this is normal? I have it tuned with thorttle response 2 and i was doing a quick drag with buddy in miata, on green when i floored it there was a huge delay he thought i gave him the win lol.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New to cvt but wonder if this is normal? I have it tuned with thorttle response 2 and i was doing a quick drag with buddy in miata, on green when i floored it there was a huge delay he thought i gave him the win lol.
That's normal! Flooring it with stock/default setting vs 1 vs 2 are all the same. You will get the same response.

Partial throttle response will be different.

Garbanzo

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex
Country flag
I uploaded the tune but forgot to choose a throttle response option, can I just go in and select one then select upload base code?
Sponsored