Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Dear capts,

For cvt you can use some upgrade to cool down cvt oils. thats what everyones need it. for cvt oil cooler and additional cooler fan. thats enough for around 350 whp and 400nm torque it can handle.

For turbo choice, I m still researching i did not decide what i will use it. w1 and upgrade oem turbo with hybrid is safe choice for me. w1 is good turbocharger but users says it gives suddenly tork and it loses it in high end revs. thats confuses me. oem turbo change into hybrid is good idea but i dont know the reaction. for cvt users need smooth torque reactions carry to high end. no need to punch it.

have you seen the turbine housing on W1 yet ? too close for comfort for me. turbine wheel & the WG flap.

YES linear & smooth it is much better especially for CVT gb.

you can browse my fb page or here in this thread i've posted & shared some of my data & findings & some YT vids on stock, stage 1 & stage turbos that i make.
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dear xjoshuax89,

I have got hondata which has got torque control setting and it works so well. it limits the torque for cvt so i dont think it will hurt cvt for using big turbo like w2 or rv6.

The think is for cvt only have 1 time turbo lag then it goes breathless. so thats why i m thinking big size turbo.

For hybrid, i m also thinking it. but i dont think that it will be enough for me. maybe oversized hybrid can be better or i will buy w1. there is many cvt owner uses w1 with no issue for the cvt.
This is a post from Derek Robinson *highly respected tuner in the 10th Gen Civic community, who has tuned 100+ 10th gens on his dyno at his shop, has created the TSP tunes, and tons of email tunes.

So yes Hondata "does" have torque control settings but as mentioned by Derek it is pretty flawed.

Obviously a tuner can ensure that you don't have too much torque down low and doesn't have it spike up too quick too fast.
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1606126169608

However, the issue of not going with the W2 or the RV6 turbo for a CVT is more for usable power range.

Attached down below is my dyno sheet for my W1 build on my CVT. With a even larger turbo, you will have less usable power unless you tend to use your car mostly in the 100mph+ speed range consistently. Also what you need to consider is that the stock non-si fuel system is limited thus your power gains will be limited.

A Si with my exact same setup will have about 50whp more because they are a bit less restricted in their fuel system.
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set JoshFK7_OldFlexNewFlex

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
However, the issue of not going with the W2 or the RV6 turbo for a CVT is more for usable power range.

Attached down below is my dyno sheet for my W1 build on my CVT. With a even larger turbo, you will have less usable power unless you tend to use your car mostly in the 100mph+ speed range consistently. Also what you need to consider is that the stock non-si fuel system is limited thus your power gains will be limited.

A Si with my exact same setup will have about 50whp more because they are a bit less restricted in their fuel system.
JoshFK7_OldFlexNewFlex.png
I'm amazed on the fact that you are still using stock internal with W1 Turbo. I would love to upgrade my turbocharger to hybrid turbo with similar specification as TD03 but the need to upgrade internal is kind of annoying because obviously I will not be able to maximize aftermarket connecting rod capability of 500 WHP being CVT. Basically, I just cannot justify to spend for aftermarket internal, while I will never be able to reach its maximum potential because of my transmission limitation.

More reasonable for me probably to swap connecting rod and piston with those from SI, and upgrade the turbo to something similar as TD03 at maximum. My usable daily driving RPM is only up to 3500 RPM. Only during community run I could drive beyond 4000 RPM.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm amazed on the fact that you are still using stock internal with W1 Turbo. I would love to upgrade my turbocharger to hybrid turbo with similar specification as TD03 but the need to upgrade internal is kind of annoying because obviously I will not be able to maximize aftermarket connecting rod capability of 500 WHP being CVT. Basically, I just cannot justify to spend for aftermarket internal, while I will never be able to reach its maximum potential because of my transmission limitation.

More reasonable for me probably to swap connecting rod and piston with those from SI, and upgrade the turbo to something similar as TD03 at maximum. My usable daily driving RPM is only up to 3500 RPM. Only during community run I could drive beyond 4000 RPM.
many are on stock internals running w1 ... depends on the owner how he drives too.

i have a set of 5PA rods n pistons in very good condition haha

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

agreed 100% but even with a supported fuel system that 50 hrsprs may not happen, TCM will still auto upshift sadly maybe just a tad more to allow us to pull will be better, on pump not on flex.

Last edited:

varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
The whole point of using a larger turbocharger is to allow the engine to produce power further in the rev range. With the CVT shifting around 6100rpm, it will hardly make any sense to use the W1 on pump fuel as you will get the exact same power as a TD03 hybrid at this RPM range.
I'm doing 250whp (on a manual, but well around 6000rpm so comparable to CVT) with a TD025+ on a dynapack on EU RON100 fuel on bone stock exhaust and I hope to reach 260ish with a TD03. I highly doubt it will be possible to produce more with a TD04 (W1) on a CVT , unless Ethanol is available.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Here it is, unboxing some goodies :) Stay tuned, more to come in the near future.
CAPTS have been bz recently & thanks to my buddies helping me out.
mandarin version by my buddy, maybe next will be english with better voice recording.

Last edited:

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Received my Christmas present today from santa CAPTS! I'll install the turbocharger week after next as I must spend time with family during my holidays.
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set IMG_20201228_114751

Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set IMG_20201228_114853

Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set IMG_20201228_114924

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Last edited:

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Did ktuner release a new version with full features? :O

ivanCivix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th gen 1.5 sport
Country flag
Since you wrote 'i have those features now' i thought ktuner released a new update. I don't have full support :(
Sponsored