arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
i do agree with them in a way, since your engine will be rebuilt so must as well, if you did your research the base pistons are base pistons, you can match up with an Si piston or go aftermarket, what's the point of just changing the conrod only also your comp ratio is lower too just fyi.

How's your adventure with KTuner after switching over from Hondata ?
Noted. I can understand your perspective much better than what has been explained to me by local workshop/tuners. Local workshop told me that stock piston will not fit any aftermarket connecting rod such as Saenz and BC so their reason mainly because piston fitment issue on the aftermarket connecting rod.

Would CR-V/SI connecting rod piston durable enough for bigger turbo upgrade?

My adventure with KTuner is great and sweet! I don't need to spend every weekend running my car like I stole it for datalog run to fix my fuel trim. I use KTuner stock WOT Enrichment for partial throttle/close loop and make adjustment for the open loop WOT to make sure I don't run too rich in open loop but also not too lean.

STFT now within +/- 15%. I believe it should adjust to +/- 10% after a few driving cycle because I notice the ECU is "learning". I spend almost a year with the other platform to get my fuel trim below +/- 30%.

I should have listened to you and @D-RobIMW. Corey from TSP and DRob helped me with MAF adjustment when I purchased TSP Stage 1 for Non SI for the other platform and even that didn't help to get my STFT right.

I'm trying to learn and understand internal build a little bit better now. I may consider turbo upgrade if CR-V/SI conrod and piston combo replacement is better/more capable of handling higher pressure from bigger turbo than Civic 1.5T hatchback internal.

by the way how you can test your engine on dyno with cvt? it never show the correct information. because there is no 1 to 1 engine and transmission ratio so for cvt dyno datas are not showing real worlds ideas.
Well... we have paddle shift. Although it may not be real world numbers but it is sufficient to see the gain we get from tuning.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Noted. I can understand your perspective much better than what has been explained to me by local workshop/tuners. Local workshop told me that stock piston will not fit any aftermarket connecting rod such as Saenz and BC so their reason mainly because piston fitment issue on the aftermarket connecting rod.

Would CR-V/SI connecting rod piston durable enough for bigger turbo upgrade?

My adventure with KTuner is great and sweet! I don't need to spend every weekend running my car like I stole it for datalog run to fix my fuel trim. I use KTuner stock WOT Enrichment for partial throttle/close loop and make adjustment for the open loop WOT to make sure I don't run too rich in open loop but also not too lean.

STFT now within +/- 15%. I believe it should adjust to +/- 10% after a few driving cycle because I notice the ECU is "learning". I spend almost a year with the other platform to get my fuel trim below +/- 30%.

I should have listened to you and @D-RobIMW. Corey from TSP and DRob helped me with MAF adjustment when I purchased TSP Stage 1 for Non SI for the other platform and even that didn't help to get my STFT right.

I'm trying to learn and understand internal build a little bit better now. I may consider turbo upgrade if CR-V/SI conrod and piston combo replacement is better/more capable of handling higher pressure from bigger turbo than Civic 1.5T hatchback internal.

Well... we have paddle shift. Although it may not be real world numbers but it is sufficient to see the gain we get from tuning.
I've got everything you need haha.
most of the cars I tune the trims are within +/-5% most of the time below +/-10% but it does change time to time.
within +/-10% is pretty decent imo.
glad that you're happy after switching over.

HF31

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T non-Si
Country flag
CAPTS, fantastic build and sharing of knowledge. Did you also fix up the KC Auto 55mm Throttlebody?

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
CAPTS, fantastic build and sharing of knowledge. Did you also fix up the KC Auto 55mm Throttlebody?
i tested it before any mods not too bad but i will have something cooking up soon heh.

I work together with KC Auto on some projects. You can let me know directly if you need anything.

Nikw91

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit Sport. ‘19 WRB WRX STI
Country flag
So the dyno graph on page 1 is of your “stage 1” turbo correct? Any time table on the “stage 2” install and dyno day?

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So the dyno graph on page 1 is of your “stage 1” turbo correct? Any time table on the “stage 2” install and dyno day?
235 is on s1
249 is on s2
same bolton no changes fuel is RON 100 no ethanol mix avg ambient temps here are around mid 30 deg C & it's a CVT with stock base engine.

Reactions: Myx

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i do not want to charging any company. its not legal to show result in public places.

I m waiting rv6 and w2 turbo chargers result then i will buy it which one be good for my car. after that i will made custom tune with hondata. I used it ktuner before but i change it to hondata for save cvt.

Neither are good options for the cvt. You will get some serious turbo lag. Vincent from 27won already has stated multiple times that it is not recommended to get the w2 for a CVT. The if owner of the company is saying to not buy their product then you know you probably shouldn't. And also the rv6 one is also larger than the w1. At this pt for the cvt its better to do a hybrid upgrade of the stock turbo, si turbo or maybe the w1. I went with the w1 myself.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
let me explain what i mean,

i try to find arp cylinder head bolts and i found it in some website. they are selling it. then i researched it and mail it to arp company, they say we dont have products for L15ba or L15b7 engine. which means, do not trust anything without see by yourself.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Neither are good options for the cvt. You will get some serious turbo lag. Vincent from 27won already has stated multiple times that it is not recommended to get the w2 for a CVT. The if owner of the company is saying to not buy their product then you know you probably shouldn't. And also the rv6 one is also larger than the w1. At this pt for the cvt its better to do a hybrid upgrade of the stock turbo, si turbo or maybe the w1. I went with the w1 myself.
W2 will be too big for CVT or the RV6 agreed :) & W2 is still in R&D phase RV6 is on beta testing still if i'm not mistaken. Even if the owner do not mind the lag but when the power kicks in, it may be a little too much for the CVT to handle imo.

There are few person I know runs the W1 & they find it laggy.

Few posts up i do have the hybrids which are good up to 250WHP on the Stage 2 & probably a tad more if paired with flex fuel or WMI with less lag than the W1 & a decent powerband even on a Stage 1 I managed to hold WTQ 300Nm & above from around 3K RPM - 5.3K RPM which i think it is considered a very good WTQ range for a CVT to be at only from pump gas without any ethanol mix.

Post is for @gcapraz

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
Dear xjoshuax89,

I have got hondata which has got torque control setting and it works so well. it limits the torque for cvt so i dont think it will hurt cvt for using big turbo like w2 or rv6.

The think is for cvt only have 1 time turbo lag then it goes breathless. so thats why i m thinking big size turbo.

For hybrid, i m also thinking it. but i dont think that it will be enough for me. maybe oversized hybrid can be better or i will buy w1. there is many cvt owner uses w1 with no issue for the cvt.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag

hi capts,

on the below you can see officially i have a mail from arp. So arp does not have bolts for L15b7. But i now there is similar same sizes they have which is suzuki 1300 hayabuse arp bolts. But i prefer to make it with correct meterial on cnc machine.

Hi gokhan,

Thanks for the inquiry. ARP does not offer this kit off the shelf but it looks like Modern Automotive may have some custom pieces made for them or they are piecing a kit together with stock items.

gcapraz

First Name
Gökhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport plus
Country flag
W2 will be too big for CVT or the RV6 agreed :) & W2 is still in R&D phase RV6 is on beta testing still if i'm not mistaken. Even if the owner do not mind the lag but when the power kicks in, it may be a little too much for the CVT to handle imo.

There are few person I know runs the W1 & they find it laggy.

Few posts up i do have the hybrids which are good up to 250WHP on the Stage 2 & probably a tad more if paired with flex fuel or WMI with less lag than the W1 & a decent powerband even on a Stage 1 I managed to hold WTQ 300Nm & above from around 3K RPM - 5.3K RPM which i think it is considered a very good WTQ range for a CVT to be at only from pump gas without any ethanol mix.

Post is for @gcapraz
Dear capts,

For cvt you can use some upgrade to cool down cvt oils. thats what everyones need it. for cvt oil cooler and additional cooler fan. thats enough for around 350 whp and 400nm torque it can handle.

For turbo choice, I m still researching i did not decide what i will use it. w1 and upgrade oem turbo with hybrid is safe choice for me. w1 is good turbocharger but users says it gives suddenly tork and it loses it in high end revs. thats confuses me. oem turbo change into hybrid is good idea but i dont know the reaction. for cvt users need smooth torque reactions carry to high end. no need to punch it.
Sponsored