Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How is the low to mid RPM powerband compare to stock turbo? 27Won drop in turbocharge moves powerband to the right. Not sure with MHI TD03 but TD03 seems to increase power across powerband, which may put our CVT transmission at higher risk.
You're a tuner yourself so you should be able to read a dyno chart. Scroll up to see what you're asking.
That's what you think & assume with your statement regarding CVT. With BBG it helps alot with that problem & again your answer is on the 1st post. Boys in Thailand have pushed the cvt way higher, very very high & they're still running around town.
Again it depends what kind of setup or specific tune each are looking for again your answer is on 1st post + 2 videos.
FYI it's quite obvious I'm not building a drag car.
Sponsored

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
You're a tuner yourself so you should be able to read a dyno chart. Scroll up to see what you're asking.
That's what you think & assume with your statement regarding CVT. With BBG it helps alot with that problem & again your answer is on the 1st post. Boys in Thailand have pushed the cvt way higher, very very high & they're still running around town.
Again it depends what kind of setup or specific tune each are looking for again your answer is on 1st post + 2 videos.
FYI it's quite obvious I'm not building a drag car.
Sorry if my question offend you but I was asking because I don't see RPM number in dyno sheet. I was asking about how the turbo affect powerband and wanted to understand how turbo could affects powerband.

I never claimed myself as a tuner. I only tune my own car and this doesn't mean I'm a tuner. I don't tune other people cars either. If I have to put a title on myself, I'm just a hobbyist for my own car. Telling people that I'm a tuner is misleading because I'm not one.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry if my question offend you but I was asking because I don't see RPM number in dyno sheet. I was asking about how the turbo affect powerband and wanted to understand how turbo could affects powerband.

I never claimed myself as a tuner. I only tune my own car and this doesn't mean I'm a tuner. I don't tune other people cars either. If I have to put a title on myself, I'm just a hobbyist for my own car. Telling people that I'm a tuner is misleading because I'm not one.
Nope you did not offend me but you're asking questions with answers already there or answered by yourself.
I should rephrase then you're a tuner for yourself & that's what I actually meant because I & many others know you tune your own car.

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Buddy took her out for a spin after some minor adjustments.

Full Video on my little YouTube channel.
Hi man, great! What chassis braces have you installed? Or did you replace the oem rear sway bar too? It blown my mind to see 260Km/h and still stable... nice man.. I have subscribe to your channel.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hi man, great! What chassis braces have you installed? Or did you replace the oem rear sway bar too? It blown my mind to see 260Km/h and still stable... nice man.. I have subscribe to your channel.
Ultra Racing rear sway bar, hard race rear camber kit, bc coilovers, ultra racing front strut bar, some footwork job, i posted on what have you done thread.
i wasn't the driver maybe could've gone a tad more ? no idea yet.
TYVM for subscribing to my little channel :) & don't forget the likes here & there too.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@KTuner + @Linszter TunerView = Awesome !
Work is still in progress on the new Hybrid Turbo Custom tuning as it is still on Beta for my ECU & looking for added features soon hopefully.
A-VSA is needed more now with the extra added power.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sent a CRV turbo in today to be upgraded & another one with slightly larger compressor & turbine wheels (the one i'm testing now & this will be tested on the dyno & OTR once it's ready.

Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1598375843658
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1598375857118

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
sending it in for some coating, not sure if it will or can improve performance but for sure it "should" reduce some engine bay temps, improve spooling & probably looks better.
more to come later when the turbos are ready for further testing both on the dyno & OTR.
if the results are promising then all turbos coming from me will be coated.
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1598554002493
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1598554019168
Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1598554034985

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
part 2 of testing coming soon on KTuner V2 with upgraded compressor billet wheel on balanced CRV turbo.

Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1599367704158

CRV/Si original turbine wheel with 9 blades

Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1599367793474

Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1599367817781

Upgraded CRV turbocharger is awaiting the improved turbine housing & it'll be ready for testing soon.

Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1599367620624

Upgraded compressor wheel compared to stock outside.

Honda Civic 10th gen CAPTS KTuner Custom Tunes, Turbo, BTK, Engine, GB & Gear Set 1599367730347

Last edited:

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
@captminer bro have you tried ktuner basemap, either 18 psi or 21 psi without custom tune? How was it feel like? In case we don't have access to custom tune, we have to choose basemap.

OP
OP
CAPTS

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@captminer bro have you tried ktuner basemap, either 18 psi or 21 psi without custom tune? How was it feel like? In case we don't have access to custom tune, we have to choose basemap.
@KTuner basemaps are safe generally, they worked well for many but of course a custom tune is always a better option.
There are many reviews especially from @gtman & maybe he can share some experience.
Do you have a V1.2 ? I might be able to help you out with an e-tune if you're keen.
Sponsored