sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
My battery is dead because of cold weather. Even i couldn't open trunk and locks.

After i start the car now, traction and skid warnings are always on, can't turn it off. Is it because of Ktuner? How can i make it normal? Should i flash ktuner again?
Sponsored

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
How old is your battery? Some are reporting their factory battery only lasted 2-3 years

OP
OP
sleepingawake

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
How old is your battery? Some are reporting their factory battery only lasted 2-3 years
Mine is just 3.5 years old. I have led neon lights attached under the car, maybe that bluetooth(it is always on, not the lights) takes some energy, but it won't be that much to kill the battery.

We had Japanese batteries before, i think Yuasa was the brand, it lasted 6 or 7 years on FD6.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Have you tried driving you car to see if the warnings go away?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
It's time for a battery change! Like @Drake said our 10th gen batteries last 2-3 years from new

Now for your traction/skid warning if you're still under comp bring it to the dealer to get it re-align since it will be under warranty. I don't think flashing Ktuner will get rid of those, but then again I'm not their software engineer so you would have to ask them

OP
OP
sleepingawake

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Have you tried driving you car to see if the warnings go away?
After driving a bit, everything went back to normal, but first i was very afraid because fuel info stick was not working at all, and i was geting very strange 100km/L usage. Even my climate control was moving form low to high. Very scary. Thankfully everything works ok.

It's time for a battery change! Like @Drake said our 10th gen batteries last 2-3 years from new

Probably. I changed it.

Now for your traction/skid warning if you're still under comp bring it to the dealer to get it re-align since it will be under warranty. I don't think flashing Ktuner will get rid of those, but then again I'm not their software engineer so you would have to ask them
Did your car battery died in the middle of a flash? I heard your ECU can turn into a brick if that happens.
After running a bit it's ok now.

OP
OP
sleepingawake

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
I changed the battery, but the battery is dead again in just 20 days of no usage of the car.
I have bluetooth controlled Neon lights. Will bluetooth kill my battery in 20 days? If so, i may have to install a switch for that.

I also have led aftermarket stops at the back, but i don't think they will drain any battery when the car is off?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I changed the battery, but the battery is dead again in just 20 days of no usage of the car.
I have bluetooth controlled Neon lights. Will bluetooth kill my battery in 20 days? If so, i may have to install a switch for that.

I also have led aftermarket stops at the back, but i don't think they will drain any battery when the car is off?
Probably. My battery went dead from just leaving my FP plugged into the OBD socket.

If you aren't going to driving the car during winter, do what I did, buy a battery tender/trickle charger to keep it charged during cold months.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schumac...-Automotive-Battery-Charger-BE01248/207123536

OP
OP
sleepingawake

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Probably. My battery went dead from just leaving my FP plugged into the OBD socket.

If you aren't going to driving the car during winter, do what I did, buy a battery tender/trickle charger to keep it charged during cold months.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Schumac...-Automotive-Battery-Charger-BE01248/207123536
Well, , also have my ktuner OBD is connected all the time. Does it use power? On my infotainment screen it doesnt work when the car is off.

I looked for the devices like that before, there are some negative comments. What about your experince? Are they any good for that price?

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well, , also have my ktuner OBD is connected all the time. Does it use power? On my infotainment screen it doesnt work when the car is off.

I looked for the devices like that before, there are some negative comments. What about your experince? Are they any good for that price?
The OBD port does have an always on 12v power source. Whether Ktuner uses or draws any power I'm not certain of. I know my FP will continue to flash one of the LEDS long after the car is turned off.

As far as battery tenders/chargers go... I'm not sure how good they are. My car went from being totally dead (had to us the physical key to open the door) to me now being able to disconnect the charger and the car will fire up as if it were a 75° day. I honestly don't know the condition of my battery.

For $25 I figured I'd give this guy a shot. I have a jump pack if I ever need it, this is just to maintain the battery while the car sits for winter.

OP
OP
sleepingawake

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
The OBD port does have an always on 12v power source. Whether Ktuner uses or draws any power I'm not certain of. I know my FP will continue to flash one of the LEDS long after the car is turned off.

As far as battery tenders/chargers go... I'm not sure how good they are. My car went from being totally dead (had to us the physical key to open the door) to me now being able to disconnect the charger and the car will fire up as if it were a 75° day. I honestly don't know the condition of my battery.

For $25 I figured I'd give this guy a shot. I have a jump pack if I ever need it, this is just to maintain the battery while the car sits for winter.
Thanks for the advice. I'm looking for that device. I've Ktuner flashing, but didn't check when the car is off. Will check tonight.
Also there is an expensive solution, 50$ Xiaomi 70mai or Baseus car starter. They jump start the car, but for maintance your advice seems better.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the advice. I'm looking for that device. I've Ktuner flashing, but didn't check when the car is off. Will check tonight.
Also there is an expensive solution, 50$ Xiaomi 70mai or Baseus car starter. They jump start the car, but for maintance your advice seems better.
Jump starting a car on occasion is fine, but you don't want to be doing it constantly. If the car sits for extended periods of time, the battery will deteriorate to the point that it won't take a charge at all and will probably leave you stranded at some point. My advice to you is to pull the battery and have a place like AutoZone test it. If it comes back good, put it back in and keep it on a charger if the car sits for days or week on end, especially if you live in a cold climate. If the battery is no longer good, replace it, (or talk to your dealer if its still under warranty) and keep it on a charger when you aren't going to be driving the car for say more than a week.

OP
OP
sleepingawake

sleepingawake

First Name
Sleeping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic RS
Country flag
Jump starting a car on occasion is fine, but you don't want to be doing it constantly. If the car sits for extended periods of time, the battery will deteriorate to the point that it won't take a charge at all and will probably leave you stranded at some point. My advice to you is to pull the battery and have a place like AutoZone test it. If it comes back good, put it back in and keep it on a charger if the car sits for days or week on end, especially if you live in a cold climate. If the battery is no longer good, replace it, (or talk to your dealer if its still under warranty) and keep it on a charger when you aren't going to be driving the car for say more than a week.
Well, i replaced my battery 1 month ago, but wasn't able to drive the car, because i go to work with staff service, and going out is forbidden on weekends in turkey, because of covid(very stupid). So the battery dies. I just started car and keep it on for 1 minute last week. But that didn't help i guess.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well, i replaced my battery 1 month ago, but wasn't able to drive the car, because i go to work with staff service, and going out is forbidden on weekends in turkey, because of covid(very stupid). So the battery dies. I just started car and keep it on for 1 minute last week. But that didn't help i guess.
Yyeah, one minute won't replace the energy that was used to start the car, let alone recharge it.

Since you live in a warmer climate, I'd just go out and start the car once every week or two and let it run for 10-15 minutes.
Sponsored