BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I May have posted my question in the wrong section earlier so I’m copying pasting here:

Posting this on behalf of my friend who is currently breaking in his w1 turbo and fx400 clutch on his 2020 si. He called me saying he just got on it a bit for the first time and his entire dashboard lit up with errors, the main code being P0299 which looks to be turbo or supercharger "a" has excessively low output." The car is running fine still, it is currently on the ktuner w1 basemap with flex fuel enabled. Could it be a boost leak?

Hondaman248u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring
Country flag
I May have posted my question in the wrong section earlier so I’m copying pasting here:

Posting this on behalf of my friend who is currently breaking in his w1 turbo and fx400 clutch on his 2020 si. He called me saying he just got on it a bit for the first time and his entire dashboard lit up with errors, the main code being P0299 which looks to be turbo or supercharger "a" has excessively low output." The car is running fine still, it is currently on the ktuner w1 basemap with flex fuel enabled. Could it be a boost leak?
Idk what was happening at the time but that can be disabled in the ktuner software i believe its a under boost so if its just nothing disable it but if its a leak it wouldn't run right it would be in limp mode if he can still build boost i dont believe theres a leak from what I've seen other people post with leaks and while I was tuning with my street maf housing I have a maf over voltage and it wouldn't build over 5lb of boost till it was cleared so if its still running normal I cant see a leak but tell him to check his couplers any way

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
He re loaded the tune, no lights, runs good. Dyno tune scheduled for this week.
thanks for the insight

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
As stated through email, we don't have a timeline.
It seems like there's extensive interest from Non-Si owners for these basemaps to be developed.. I suspect many others like myself are on the fence about the 27won turbo, hesitating mainly because there are no basemaps available for us.. custom tunes are out there but it would be great to have some optimized basemaps ready to go for our cars too! Si is getting all the attention so far

Get @Vincent@27WON on board and these would be developed in no time :)

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It seems like there's extensive interest from Non-Si owners for these basemaps to be developed.. I suspect many others like myself are on the fence about the 27won turbo, hesitating mainly because there are no basemaps available for us.. custom tunes are out there but it would be great to have some optimized basemaps ready to go for our cars too! Si is getting all the attention so far

Part of what's holding me back is the lack of basemaps. I'm gonna go full custom tune but not until ALL my mods are installed to save on costs.

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Part of what's holding me back is the lack of basemaps. I'm gonna go full custom tune but not until ALL my mods are installed to save on costs.
Yeah I'll be completing my bolt-ons within the next month, so I'll be ready for the 27won turbo anytime then.. just waiting for our basemaps to become available, it's been a year and a half since the Si basemaps were released

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

They've already been developed and have been in testing.

The Si has three ECU codebases. Take a wild guess how many Non-Si has.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

100??

Side note, why are there so many code bases for Non Si? What's so different that the Si gets away with just a couple?

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

So the delay has to do with the additional coding required to support the Non-Si?

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure why you would want to run a basemap on an aftermarket turbo...

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not sure why you would want to run a basemap on an aftermarket turbo...
Being able to get the car safely moving and driving in the interim? Getting a custom tune can take a bit of time.

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Si has W1 turbo optimized basemaps available... sure they're not as good as a custom tune but they're more than adequate while you wait for a custom tune
Sponsored