First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hello All,

I recently setup my Ktuner on my new Civic Hatchback EX and was wondering the best way to accurately test and time both 0-60 and 1/4 mile results. I downloaded Torque Pro but it doesn't seem to work with the KTuner v1.2 (unless I am missing a setting somewhere). Does anyone know of another app that has these tests built in or does anyone have an easy way for me to maybe log and then pull the data I need to create the results I am looking for? Please let me know if you have any ideas or let me know how you personally have been tracking your speeds.

Thanks!
Sponsored

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello All,

I recently setup my Ktuner on my new Civic Hatchback EX and was wondering the best way to accurately test and time both 0-60 and 1/4 mile results. I downloaded Torque Pro but it doesn't seem to work with the KTuner v1.2 (unless I am missing a setting somewhere). Does anyone know of another app that has these tests built in or does anyone have an easy way for me to maybe log and then pull the data I need to create the results I am looking for? Please let me know if you have any ideas or let me know how you personally have been tracking your speeds.

Thanks!
I use Torque Pro. I have a separate OBD II dongle which cost me $12 from Amazon for Torque Pro. Some people spend $150 for a Dragy which is a GPS dedicated device for measuring performance. It isn't tied to the car.

OP
OP

jheiges

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I use Torque Pro. I have a separate OBD II dongle which cost me $12 from Amazon for Torque Pro. Some people spend $150 for a Dragy which is a GPS dedicated device for measuring performance. It isn't tied to the car.
So more or less I would just flash the ECU with ktuner and then plug in the cheap dongle and leave it in for monitoring and testing. The ktuner doesn't need to be plugged in after a flash right (I should probably know the answer to this)

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So more or less I would just flash the ECU with ktuner and then plug in the cheap dongle and leave it in for monitoring and testing. The ktuner doesn't need to be plugged in after a flash right (I should probably know the answer to this)
Right! You can use either for monitoring. Ktuner V1.2 with TunerView or OBD II with Torque Pro. It depends what you want to monitor or test.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to revive an old thread, but has anyone tried the app Drag Racer? It's GPS based, it seems to work pretty well, but i know it's accuracy could be off. The run i tried gave me a time of 5.6 0-60mph. 14.6 1/4 mile. Ktuned 19/21psi, this may seem too fast for the only mod i have, but i have gone up against 3 vehicles that seems to me that the numbers are accurate. One was a newer Chevy Silverado Z71 rocky ridge edition, another was a new Jeep [wasn't a cherokee) but probably had a V6, and the last was an Infinity G37x. None of them could pull away from me, which did surprise me also.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Civics4Ever
I've tried the Drag Racer app on a few different cars doing 0-62 mph runs (= 100 kmh) and I have the feeling that it shows better times than reality. But I'm not sure about that.

I think it's also important how good the GPS modul of your phone is and how your phone is placed in the car, so that it can get the best possible GPS signal.

It would be interesting if someone who has a professional lap timer / 0-60 counter like Fritzbox, Racebox or Racelogic could compare it with the app.

Last edited:

Nigel_FC1_DK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T
Country flag
I have used the Drag Racer app, I have it installed on the headunit of the car. Was strugling to get results from the app on phone. The 1/4 mile results have been good as messurement with speed. But feel that the 0-60 times are a bit of. Best results of 0-62 (100kmh) 6,2sec with pedal dance, cant go below 7 sec without the dance.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Nigel_FC1_DK
That's pretty fast.

Honda Germany/Europe says the car needs 8 seconds with the MT and 8.2 seconds with the CVT.

Some car media reviewers archived 7.8 seconds in a 0-100 acceleration but most of the measure 8.1 seconds. That's of course without any tuning.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honda Germany/Europe says the car needs 8 seconds with the MT and 8.2 seconds with the CVT.

Some car media reviewers archived 7.8 seconds in a 0-100 acceleration but most of the measure 8.1 seconds. That's of course without any tuning.
Most US based pro testing (Car and Driver, Alex on Autos, Edmund's etc.) achieved 0-60 times of 6.6-6.8 seconds on a stock 1.5T CVT. I think Honda's published power output and acceleration info is ultra conservative.

From Edmund's:

"We were eager to test Honda's all-new turbocharged 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine. This 1.5-liter 174-horsepower engine comes standard in EX-T, EX-L and Touring models and promises both performance and fuel efficiency. Our Civic is rated at 35 mpg in combined driving, and in testing, a similar model ran from zero to 60 mph in 6.7 seconds. That's a tenth quicker than the last Civic Si we tested."

https://www.edmunds.com/honda/civic/2016/long-term-road-test/introduction.html

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Most US based pro testing (Car and Driver, Alex on Autos, Edmund's etc.) achieved 0-60 times of 6.6-6.8 seconds on a stock 1.5T CVT. I think Honda's published power output and acceleration info is ultra conservative.
Maybe you guys have better gas than we have. :D

No but the europeans also do 0-100 kmh which is 0-62 mph, that also leads to a little difference.

Unfortunately we don't have the SI over here.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Well, the Si is obviously a much better handler but 0-60 times are only 0.1-0.2 seconds better then a base 1.5 CVT. The Si's manual transmission requires a shift right before 60 that slows things down.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe you guys have better gas than we have. :D

No but the europeans also do 0-100 kmh which is 0-62 mph, that also leads to a little difference.

Unfortunately we don't have the SI over here.
Wow, I didn't know the Si wasn't available in Europe. That sucks, I bet they would have sold more than a few over there, especially since it's M/T.

Nigel_FC1_DK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T
Country flag
We have M/T in Europe :-D But no Si so no LSD. I Run on octane 100Ron as sold on regular gas stations here in Denmark, belive you have someting similar in Germany. It is higher rating than American gas. The 0-62 /100 times are kind of irrelevant. The times i got messured on track was same as Drag racer reported it. 1/4 mile in wet conditions 152km/h and dry 161km/h with +220hp 340Nm with traction control fully disabled.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Nigel_FC1_DK
Yes we have 95 and 98 octane.

Unfortunately 1/4 mile racing is kind of irrelevant here, you barely can't find any track or event were you can legally do these kind of tests here.

I would say car reviewers have their focus more on 0-100 and also 100-200 kmh times. For faster cars like the CTR it's often important how the car performs on the Nordschleife.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
@Nigel_FC1_DK
That's pretty fast.

The MT being faster to 62 mph is also kinda suspect. Generally the time to shift shows as a loss in US testing. But maybe Europe has super fast stick rowers.:drive::respect:
Sponsored