Ktuner Antilag/Launch control problems?

marky2299

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
I finally got my Ktuner in today after ordering it from Vitviper and the performance gain from the 19/23psi sport mode base map alone is incredible, but the antilag is scaring me a little. I have the high limiter set to 2,750 and the low limiter to 2,500. I thought this was low enough to be considered playing it safe, but my first time attempting to launch it, the car jerked, hopped, and slammed around like crazy and didn’t actually launch. I expected to spin the tires a bit, but this was to the point where i was concerned with actually breaking something. Is anyone else having any issues like this or could anyone tell me what to do to actually make the launch control useable?
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I finally got my Ktuner in today after ordering it from Vitviper and the performance gain from the 19/23psi sport mode base map alone is incredible, but the antilag is scaring me a little. I have the high limiter set to 2,750 and the low limiter to 2,500. I thought this was low enough to be considered playing it safe, but my first time attempting to launch it, the car jerked, hopped, and slammed around like crazy and didn’t actually launch. I expected to spin the tires a bit, but this was to the point where i was concerned with actually breaking something. Is anyone else having any issues like this or could anyone tell me what to do to actually make the launch control useable?
2750-2500 that’s one problem. To close to each other, antilag is basically just a 2 step, helps you build more boost before the car actually starts moving. Honestly it’s pointless unless you are racing or doing track/drag. What are you using it for? And I would practice launching. We no longer have the useful hand e brake so it makes it that much more annoying.

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
2750-2500 that’s one problem. To close to each other, antilag is basically just a 2 step, helps you build more boost before the car actually starts moving. Honestly it’s pointless unless you are racing or doing track/drag. What are you using it for? And I would practice launching. We no longer have the useful hand e brake so it makes it that much more annoying.
When launching.. do you just dump the clutch?

OP
OP

marky2299

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
what would be a good high/low limit for this car? this is my first time using any sort of launch control. i thought i knew enough but i guess i don’t lol. i’m going to be using it for drag races but this time i was just trying it out on the street because i was freshly tuned and couldn’t wait to test it out hahaha

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
On my older Hondas I run 6-7K launch controls when I'm running on slicks.

My approach to tuning the rpm is to turn it up until it spins a little then grips.

I think your problem is that you're set too low and you're getting a dead hook which is causing you to wheel hop.

You want a little slip, some forward motion, then grip. So push it higher until you spin a little and don't wheel hop.

If you find yourself spinning your wheels half way down the block, turn it down.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Might want to make sure TC/SC was full off as well.

dredsen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe , 2017 CRV Ex
Country flag
Try 3600 3550. Your gap isn't too small . Your rps are too low it's probably stalling.

I don't dump the clutch i just let it out in a nice smooth and quick motion.

Not expert and learning as I go.

This was with the 19/23 tune . No rev hang , no lag . All aggressive settings.

Now I'm running vits stage 1 no rev , anti lag on and the two step is above 4000 and has a gap of 75 to 50 or so. My tires stock radials have no hope of launching very well with this tune.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Try 3600 3550. Your gap isn't too small . Your rps are too low it's probably stalling.

I don't dump the clutch i just let it out in a nice smooth and quick motion.

Not expert and learning as I go.

This was with the 19/23 tune . No rev hang , no lag . All aggressive settings.

Now I'm running vits stage 1 no rev , anti lag on and the two step is above 4000 and has a gap of 75 to 50 or so. My tires stock radials have no hope of launching very well with this tune.
I once tried rpm restart: 5600 rpm cut:5700 antilag: 5200rpm -14 ignition.

Stock tires lol. They didn't have a chance. I believe it was Building 20psi during launch. I turned it wayyy down and it's now much more functional.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic ext 4dr sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On my older Hondas I run 6-7K launch controls when I'm running on slicks.

My approach to tuning the rpm is to turn it up until it spins a little then grips.

I think your problem is that you're set too low and you're getting a dead hook which is causing you to wheel hop.

You want a little slip, some forward motion, then grip. So push it higher until you spin a little and don't wheel hop.

If you find yourself spinning your wheels half way down the block, turn it down.
When I let go of the clutch in a fast smooth way, I get some wheel spin then when they finally grip it feels like the boost starts to build up from zero. It’s an off feeling. Might be me or the tires. My launch is not good at all. I can surely feel the boost kick in when I’m going to second tho.

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Stock tires lol. They didn't have a chance. I believe it was Building 20psi during launch. I turned it wayyy down and it's now much more functional.
I might try this ha, I have no power during launch. I’m also only reaching 19psi when I’m on the 21...

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

What do you have on your quick enable/adjustment

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
What do you have on your quick enable/adjustment
Throttle padding: soft. Part throttle turbo: improved 1, throttle: improved 1, ramp rate: disabled

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Would having the most agressive options in theory make More power
@KTuner Would know the answer to that. When I've tried them, they made the car feel more ready to go and responsive, mpg took a hit. But WOT didn't feel any different. Except turbo ramp rate, I felt a difference with that xD

bgutierrezx

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@KTuner Would know the answer to that. When I've tried them, they made the car feel more ready to go and responsive, mpg took a hit. But WOT didn't feel any different. Except turbo ramp rate, I felt a difference with that xD
Thanks man, what’s WOT tho.
Sponsored