Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Most of you probably know I've been running Hondata for the past 6 months. It's a nice bump in power over stock but there is one major problem... lag. I know some of it is the slow CVT logic but some of it is clearly from the turbo/engine/throttle. Just like stock, I'll be driving along slowly and when I need to really give it some gas, nothing happens for what seems like forever.

Since Hondata for some unknown reason thinks this is acceptable (idiotic IMO) my plan is to get rid of the Flashpro and upgrade to a Ktuner V2.

A couple questions for those who've run both Hondata and Ktuner.

Is the Stage 2 Ktuner base tune more lag free and potent than the Hondata +6 out of the box? If not, what quick adjustments are best for a mostly lag free drive?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll want to play around with throttle responsiveness, turbo responsiveness, and turbo spool.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
360, yeah I know the basics. I was wondering specifically if the lag was noticeably reduced compared to Hondata. Lag is the most annoying thing with the Flashpro. It just feels like a bit of an incomplete tune.

If the difference is only slight, I'll keep the Flashpro and save the $650.

I was hoping someone who has used both tuning platforms and has a CVT would chime in.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
360, yeah I know the basics. I was wondering specifically if the lag was noticeably reduced compared to Hondata. Lag is the most annoying thing with the Flashpro. It just feels like bit of an incomplete tune.

If the difference is only slight, I'll deal with what I have and save the $650.
Im over a year out from having used Hondata but yeah when I switched, the thing I remember liking the most was how smooth the car was off the line, whether I was going 100% throttle or 50% throttle. It felt very linear and not jerky or hesitant. After that, I messed with the quick adjustments and found what I liked best. now with on the fly map switching its even easier to test what you like. load 3 different settings and go drive and try the 3 different maps. I can tell you, you aren't going to be disappointed that you switched at all.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the post Dallas. Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with Hondata. Not just the fact that they haven't addressed the lag and other driveability issues. Mostly they simply have God awful customer service. I post at their forum and if I get a response in 2 weeks it's a miracle. In that area alone Ktuner is head and shoulders above Hondata.

Sometimes I wonder if they know ultimately, it's about making your customers happy, not pissing them off.

I'm probably ordering my V2 the next time Ebay runs one of those 15% off everything deals. :)

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the post Dallas. Yeah, I'm pretty fed up with Hondata. Not just the fact that they haven't addressed the lag and other driveability issues. Mostly they simply have God awful customer service. I post at their forum and if I get a response in 2 weeks it's a miracle. In that area alone Ktuner is head and shoulders above Hondata.

Sometimes I wonder if they know ultimately, it's about making your customers happy, not pissing them off.

I'm probably ordering my V2 the next time Ebay runs one of those 15% off everything deals. :)
Soooo tomorrow?

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They have a deal tomorrow for real? Sweet.

Last edited:

2slowgs-r

First Name
KnockOut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Where’s the coupon for the discount? :0

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bubbaleenc

Owning the country roads.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T Sedan '01 4Runner '18 Suburban
Country flag
I'm not seeing the 15% off deal... is anyone else?

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman... I'm sorry I can't give a direct comparison, but I can only say the enables/adjustments to improve spool and throttle response and ramps, to me, were more beneficial to changing the character of the car than doing anything regarding boost pressure. It gave the car an edge that was completely lacking on the stock tune. More boost was a bonus. This, however, is with a manual so I don't have the variable of a CVT thrown in the mix.

Good luck, man. I've been following your threads for a while and am hoping you find what you're looking for.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@gtman... I'm sorry I can't give a direct comparison, but I can only say the enables/adjustments to improve spool and throttle response and ramps, to me, were more beneficial to changing the character of the car than doing anything regarding boost pressure. It gave the car an edge that was completely lacking on the stock tune. More boost was a bonus. This, however, is with a manual so I don't have the variable of a CVT thrown in the mix.

Good luck, man. I've been following your threads for a while and am hoping you find what you're looking for.
Thanks Charles. Yeah, basically Hondata gives me a nice boost in power and is especially good on the highway. I just find that the spooling of the turbo and throttle responsiveness and such is pretty stock like at city/in town speed. It makes their base tunes feel good but not great. KTuner just seems so proactive in terms of updating and tweaking their tunes to give the best driving experience.

Oh and by the way, I just purchased a KTuner V2. :) Thank you Ebay for the $98 off.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks Charles. Yeah, basically Hondata gives me a nice boost in power and is especially good on the highway. I just find that the spooling of the turbo and throttle responsiveness and such is pretty stock like at city/in town speed. It makes their base tunes feels good but not great. KTuner just seems so proactive in terms of updating and tweaking their tunes to give the best driving experience.

Oh and by the way, I just purchased a KTuner V2. :) Thank you Ebay for the $98 off.
FINALLY.
Sponsored