OP
OP

cdaddy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
You have to kind of remember which tune you put in which slot. That's why you should name them with a good brief description. Basically, when you go to upload to the ECU, the software will actually show you the name of the tune in that slot before you OK the upload.
Oh ok gotcha. I thought I would be able to just view it on the menus at any time.
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
The TSP tune is a notch up compared to the KTuner base tunes. It just has a smoothness to it that's just about perfect. Tune 1 is basically stock boost. Tune 2 has some tweaks that make it a bit more fun. Tune 3 (the full on Stage 1 tune) is eye opening, especially the top end power. I've seen 26+ psi on that map. Needless to say, I save that for "special" occasions. ;)

I look at the TSP Stage 1 as a sort of a semi-custom tune for only $80 or free if you buy your KTuner from TSP. It's a great bargain.
I'm about ~1 week in with the TSP Stage 1, and agree with you on Map 3.
The 21 PSI KTuner base map is nice, but TSP tune IS much smoother.
HUGE different between Map 1 (stock) vs Map 3, especially if you run them back-to-back by changing on-the-fly.

I found the KTuner base map to have a bit of a delay; when the turbo is spooled up, you gas it, it takes 1/2 sec or something before you feel the sudden burst / shove. Even more noticeable if you are playing around with the gas pedel (e.g. tapping the gas, while the RPM is 3000+). Don't get me wrong, the sudden burst of boost is fun (I do love it), but the TSP tune is GOOD in a different way.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about ~1 week in with the TSP Stage 1, and agree with you on Map 3.
The 21 PSI KTuner base map is nice, but TSP tune IS much smoother.
Here's my take on the difference between the KTuner 21 and the TSP Map 3 ...

With KTuner, most of the power seems to be in the low to midrange. And it feels potent most of the time. But give it gas for a high speed highway passing move and it feels somewhat underwhelming because the power just falls off compared to the low/mid oomph.

With TSP from top to bottom the power is smooth. The throttle feel is great and very linear (unlike the KT 21 that feels like most of the power is in the first half of pedal travel). In some ways the TSP tune feels less snappy off the line but it's really just the fact you need to put your foot into it a bit more. And you get that smooth power all the way to 6,000 rpm+.

The KTuner base tunes are great. TSP Stage 1 is even better.

Last edited:

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Been running TSP Stage 1 map 3 as a daily for 3 months. Zero issues, no complaints, only praise.
You probably don't WOT too much right. I mean I wouldn't either but once in a while would be nice only if its healthy for the car

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You probably don't WOT too much right. I mean I wouldn't either but once in a while would be nice only if its healthy for the car
I mean, depends. Some days I would just drive normally. Other days, I'd go WOT twice or three times each time I got into the Si. But I don't do 1st, 5th or 6th gear pulls or get into high boost in those said gears. I only start WOT at 4,000 RPM and above. I recently installed 27Won's FMIC and still not running into any problems. Helped tremendously with IAT2's and knock control. Power comes on stronger but the stock clutch still grabs great.

Haven't even tried map 1 or map 2, just went straight to map 3.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Brand new account but made one because I'm expecting my ktuner to arrive today with the tsp 1 and im very excited to try it out and unlock the power, biggest worry is my clutch will just slip im hoping to do a type r clutch within 6 months or so to. Any first mods besides ktuner and clutch any one would recommend next?

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Brand new account but made one because I'm expecting my ktuner to arrive today with the tsp 1 and im very excited to try it out and unlock the power, biggest worry is my clutch will just slip im hoping to do a type r clutch within 6 months or so to. Any first mods besides ktuner and clutch any one would recommend next?
Intake or intercooler.

Justin.fc1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Been running TSP Stage 1 map 3 as a daily for 3 months. Zero issues, no complaints, only praise.
Do you tend to hit boost a lot? because i was debating if i should just run map 3 as a daily or map 2. Just worried that if i keep hitting boost with map 3 will it wear out the turbo a little quicker and would you drive a little more conservative with map 3?

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you tend to hit boost a lot? because i was debating if i should just run map 3 as a daily or map 2. Just worried that if i keep hitting boost with map 3 will it wear out the turbo a little quicker and would you drive a little more conservative with map 3?
Depends what you mean by hitting boost. Yes, I'll hit like 16 psi frequently then let off. I don't hit 24-25 psi if I'm driving normally. You can still daily the TSP Stage 1 map 3 with no problems, just drive normal. I'm not full throttling at every single opportunity I have.

And in terms of map 3 wearing out the turbo, I don't think that is too much of a concern at all. I'd be more concerned about increased clutch wear and internals more than anything. Some people experienced clutch slip on map 3, some haven't. But it's been shown that the TSP Stage 1 is pretty safe.

Edit: If you aren't comfortable getting your vehicle tuned or are afraid of damaging the engine, etc, I'd advise not to tune it at all. Tuning is not guaranteed to be 100% safe. There is always a small percentage of something going wrong.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
There's something that a lot of people don't understand about tuning/maps.

Let's compare keeping your car on TSP Map 1 or 2 versus Map 3 as the example here. A lot of folks say "I'm afraid to run Map 3 as a daily due to the higher boost". And sure if you are constantly pushing it to the limit, that's valid.

But, if we're talking a daily driver, the reality is you most likely won't be pushing it to the limit all that often. So even though Map 3 can potentially produce high boost, you won't really be there much at all. The beauty of these tunes is that they all can be controlled with your right foot.

On the other hand, if you drive Map 2 to the limit often you'll have more wear and tear than Map 3 driven conservatively.

JonnyUtah

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been running TSP MAP 3 as a daily for a couple weeks. Only issues I've had is gas goes quicker and this odd little tidbit - I seem to now keep hitting the brake assist button. Might get a vertical shift knob as i assume my hands are getting fatter? Lol

Oh right, last issue - its harder to drive with a full erection.
Sponsored