Ktuner advice

cdaddy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just got my ktuner v1.2 this past weekend. I reflashed with ktuner stage 1 tune. Seeing if anyone has any advice or tips.
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Just got my ktuner v1.2 this past weekend. I reflashed with ktuner stage 1 tune. Seeing if anyone has any advice or tips.
If you haven't already you can try tweaking some of the throttle response, turbo response, early spool, and boost ramp settings. Really changes up the feel of the base maps.

Stay away from anti lag. Not really worth it in my opinion

OP
OP

cdaddy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
If you haven't already you can try tweaking some of the throttle response, turbo response, early spool, and boost ramp settings. Really changes up the feel of the base maps.

Stay away from anti lag. Not really worth it in my opinion
Thanks. I’ll run the tune no tweaks for a week and change them this weekend

OP
OP

cdaddy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Also I was trying to store tunes on the slots. After storing with a label where do I check to see if it was actually stored on the slot?

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Also I was trying to store tunes on the slots. After storing with a label where do I check to see if it was actually stored on the slot?
If you have tunerview on your head unit you can do this there. If not then you can download it on your phone.
Open the app and then drag from the the left to pull this menu out.
Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner advice Screenshot_20200406-151452_TunerView

At the bottom of this menu you'll see ktuner menu. Click on that. Once loaded in, drag from the left again and you should see your list of tunes.

I'm not currently hooked up to my car but when you are you'll see them appear there.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner advice Screenshot_20200406-151501_TunerView

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Honestly if you bought the ktuner new I would return it and buy it from two step performance since they offer the tsp tune for free with the purchase of a ktuner. If you bought it used then yeah you will need to buy it, but trust me you want power the tsp tune is the way to go. Base map tunes are power increases but very very conservatively

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Honestly if you bought the ktuner new I would return it and buy it from two step performance since they offer the tsp tune for free with the purchase of a ktuner. If you bought it used then yeah you will need to buy it, but trust me you want power the tsp tune is the way to go. Base map tunes are power increases but very very conservatively
Question to see if you'd know, is running map 2 as a daily a good idea?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely. It's a very mild tune and perfect for reliable daily driving duty.

CivicSiNJ

First Name
Hampsen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Absolutely. It's a very mild tune and perfect for reliable daily driving duty.
Cool, I was questionable at first but now I think I'll pull the trigger buy the Ktuner with TSP and run map 2

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The TSP tune is a notch up compared to the KTuner base tunes. It just has a smoothness to it that's just about perfect. Tune 1 is basically stock boost. Tune 2 has some tweaks that make it a bit more fun. Tune 3 (the full on Stage 1 tune) is eye opening, especially the top end power. I've seen 26+ psi on that map. Needless to say, I save that for "special" occasions. ;)

I look at the TSP Stage 1 as a sort of a semi-custom tune for only $80 or free if you buy your KTuner from TSP. It's a great bargain.

OP
OP

cdaddy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
If you have tunerview on your head unit you can do this there. If not then you can download it on your phone.
Open the app and then drag from the the left to pull this menu out.
Screenshot_20200406-151452_TunerView.jpg

At the bottom of this menu you'll see ktuner menu. Click on that. Once loaded in, drag from the left again and you should see your list of tunes.

I'm not currently hooked up to my car but when you are you'll see them appear there.

Screenshot_20200406-151501_TunerView.jpg
I've looked at that menu but I just don't see the names of the tunes I made for it. I don't see my customized names for the tunes anywhere on the ktuner software or app

OP
OP

cdaddy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Bought it used on a good price. I'll probably end up buying it

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You have to kind of remember which tune you put in which slot. That's why you should name them with a good brief description. Basically, when you go to upload to the ECU, the software will actually show you the name of the tune in that slot before you OK the upload.
Sponsored