Ktuner 1.2 Tsp stage 1 newbie questions

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2000
Country flag
Hey guys so i recently bought a Ktuner 1.2 with a tsp stage 1 non si tune. I own a 2017 civic ex hatch cvt. I am seeing all over the forums “sport mode” and maps 1-3. From
My understanding map 3 is only for the si. What is the difference in all the maps 1-3? Also what is sport mode since my car doesn’t have a button for that, or is that a map? I have a S in my cvt but it stands for Second. Sorry for the noon questions it’s my first time modding my car.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Forget about the Sport button, you don't have an Si. Your car has an Econ button instead.

Your TSP tune comes with 3 different maps. Map 1 being low-ish power, Map 2 being a bit more powerful and Map 3 is the high power tune.

Honda Civic 10th gen Ktuner 1.2 Tsp stage 1 newbie questions Screenshot_20210419-040550

They are switchable via the cruise control buttons. Ktuner explains how to switch maps in detail here:
http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/on_the_fly_map_switching.htm

Note: When you start the car up it will always revert to Map 1 unless you keep your KTuner plugged in. In that case it would revert to your last used map.

You can also press the Econ button to switch to a reduced power tune while in any of the normal maps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2000
Country flag
Forget about the Sport button, you don't have an Si. Your car has an Econ button instead.

Your TSP tune comes with 3 different maps. Map 1 being low-ish power, Map 2 being a bit more powerful and Map 3 is the high power tune.

Screenshot_20210419-040550.png

They are switchable via the cruise control buttons. Ktuner explains how to switch maps in detail here:

Note: When you start the car up it will always revert to Map 1 unless you keep your KTuner plugged in. In that case it would revert to your last used map.

You can also press the Econ button to switch to a reduced power tune while in any of the normal maps.
Thanks! So would you recommend map 1 for daily driving, 2 when I want a little bit better experience and 3 every once in a while? I’m trying to make the car last a long time so I don’t wanna abuse it. How often should I leave it in map 2 and 3? How often do you use map 3?

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
Thanks! So would you recommend map 1 for daily driving, 2 when I want a little bit better experience and 3 every once in a while? I’m trying to make the car last a long time so I don’t wanna abuse it. How often should I leave it in map 2 and 3? How often do you use map 3?
these questions are very much subjective and no one will be able to reply to your query
however I would advise you to look at your AFRs on TSP
I have heard that TSP has rich AFRs

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag

Screenshot_20210419-040550.png

is there any way of using on-the-fly map change for non-Si CVT 1.5T?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
There's two schools of thought on this, both work. I think it really depends on your driving style.

If you drive conservatively and only push it hard here and there, you could leave it in Map 3 all the time. Driving around at mostly low rpm isn't stressing anything much.

On the other hand if you get on it quite a bit, Map 2 is a good one to use. It still has noticeably better power and driveability than stock, but at 16.5 psi, stress is reduced in high throttle situations.

Since I like to get on it fairly regularly and wanted to make the drivetrain last, I mostly used Map 2.

But really, the thing is, you can help control reliability with your right foot, no matter what map you use.

Side note... I NEVER used TSP's Map 1. :cool:

is there any way of using on-the-fly map change for non-Si CVT 1.5T?
Of course, as long as your particular ECU supports the feature.

Last edited:

Ehtesham

First Name
Ehtesham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CiviC
Country flag
There's two schools of thought on this, both work. I think it really depends on your driving style.

If you drive conservatively and only push it hard here and there, you could leave it in Map 3 all the time. Driving around at mostly low rpm isn't stressing anything much.

On the other hand if you get on it quite a bit, Map 2 is a good one to use. It still has noticeably better power and driveability than stock, but at 16.5 psi, stress is reduced in high throttle situations.

Since I like to get on it fairly regularly and wanted to make the drivetrain last, I mostly used Map 2.

But really, the thing is, you can help control reliability with your right foot, no matter what map you use.

Side note... I NEVER used TSP's Map 1. :cool:

Of course, as long as your particular ECU supports the feature.
How to find out whether a certain ECU supports or not
Sponsored