ReaperCivic

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sedan Touring 1.5T
Country flag
Hey guys this is my first post here, just got my 2019 Civic Touring Sedan 1.5T and was wondering if I should order the Ktuner 1.2 from TSP? Pros and cons? Thoughts? Thanks all for helping!!! Also my friend that works at the honda dealer who sold me the car told me that the tune won't void any of my warranty if I flash it back to stock? anyone know anything about this / if the ktuner 1.2 will let me do that at any time? Here is a picture of my car!

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner 1.2 from TSP IMG_0014.JPG
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The KTuner with free TSP tune is an awesome deal for sure. And you certainly can return to stock at anytime. Just keep this in mind ...

If you do have a drivetrain warranty related issue, it's very probable Honda will look into things and see you flashed a tune at some point.

Having said that though, I feel like the base tunes are overall safe. There's quite a bit of info here at the forum including my tuning reliability survey you may want to check out.

Welcome to CivicX.

OP
OP
ReaperCivic

ReaperCivic

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The KTuner with free TSP tune is an awesome deal for sure. And you certainly can return to stock at anytime. Just keep this in mind ...

If you do have a drivetrain warranty related issue, it's very probable Honda will look into things and see you flashed a tune at some point.

Having said that though, I feel like the base tunes are overall safe. There's quite a bit of info here at the forum including my tuning reliability survey you may want to check out.
Awesome, thanks... my car only has 2500 KMS on it and im just worried that if something does go wrong ill be completely screwed, I also dont know how to tune it on the software? Or is there just like preset tunes?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome, thanks... my car only has 2500 KMS on it and im just worried that if something does go wrong ill be completely screwed, I also dont know how to tune it on the software? Or is there just like preset tunes?
You're not really tuning it yourself exactly. You're basically uploading a canned tune to your ECU. There are some things you can tweak here and there for sure though. I honestly recommend you read up on tuning here to get a bit of a knowledge base before flashing a tune to your car.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2010 Subaru Forester, 2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Country flag
I bought the KTuner v1.2 from TSP, with their free tune. Check your ECU number on their website for compatibility notes.

KTuner alone comes with canned tunes, which are pretty good. I am on their 21psi tune at the moment and like it, although I have the itch to dig into the starter tunes a bit.

Shipping to Ontario was free... so that's a no brainer. Customs didn't flag mine... so I paid no tax either.

Took 2 weeks to arrive in the GTA. ?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I bought the KTuner v1.2 from TSP, with their free tune. Check your ECU number on their website for compatibility notes.

KTuner alone comes with canned tunes, which are pretty good. I am on their 21psi tune at the moment and like it, although I have the itch to dig into the starter tunes a bit.

Shipping to Ontario was free... so that's a no brainer. Customs didn't flag mine... so I paid no tax either.

Lucky you lol. Mine got stuck in the COVID backlog and took a month from order to delivery. Had to pay 80 CAD in customs.

OP
OP
ReaperCivic

ReaperCivic

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Hey where do I find the ECU number on my car???

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lucky you lol. Mine got stuck in the COVID backlog and took a month from order to delivery. Had to pay 80 CAD in customs.
LOL... yeah, luck of the draw sometimes. They warned me about shipping time. I had a motorcycle ECU shipped to me from Florida just a couple of weeks earlier, and that was 2 weeks... took a chance. Worked out.

piterek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey where do I find the ECU number on my car???
Label on side of the ECU. PITA to read... but doable. It's right close against the air box. ODB scan should work... or it might just report software version. Have a peek on the ECU.

OP
OP
ReaperCivic

ReaperCivic

First Name
Brody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Label on side of the ECU. PITA to read... but doable. It's right close against the air box. ODB scan should work... or it might just report software version. Have a peek on the ECU.
Okay so I just went and looked and from what I found its saying 37980-R11 -A02
and MX197400-5220 05031 but I don't think I see my number on Ktuner? unless i did something wrong....