Ktuner 1.1 & PRL Full Bolt on Tune

Ktuner 1.1 or PRL Full Bolt on Tune? How many are using?

• Total voters
OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
what is 1.1 and prl full bolt on tune? i have to say i have never heard of of them of what tuner its for
They are two available off the shelf tunes for Ktuner.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
ahh well that counts me out then since i just got my Hondata in the other day but its still in the box
Cool.....enjoy! As too many threads have pointed out. Both have their +ā€™s and -ā€˜s! Either way, your soon to be going alot faster :)

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool.....enjoy! As too many threads have pointed out. Both have their +ā€™s and -ā€˜s! Either way, your soon to be going alot faster :)
not sure when im going to use it i have a prl cai on backorder so might wait till it comes in before i use it

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
not sure when im going to use it i have a prl cai on backorder so might wait till it comes in before i use it
Well if you havenā€™t done it already.... get your ecu unlocked. If it is already..... install it, just pick the proper tune for your current set up.

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well if you havenā€™t done it already.... get your ecu unlocked. If it is already..... install it, just pick the proper tune for your current set up.
im new to hondata i had Ktuner on my old car but ecu is not unlocked yet but seems easy enough to do remotely

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
im new to hondata i had Ktuner on my old car but ecu is not unlocked yet but seems easy enough to do remotely
True....itā€™s a lot more convenient now than the early stages! Youā€™re soon to be loving your FK8 a whole lot more!

Fedcopper

First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Iā€™m running the PRL FBO tune and itā€™s incredibly strong in the mid range! I believe 1st gear has lowered targets to help with traction. 5th and 6th gears on the interstate pull like 3rd and 4th. I often have to look and see if Iā€™m actually in 6th gear because it feels so strong!
I found that out today. I was in 6th gear cruising arpund 68 mph. A 350z went blasting by me. I didn't even down shift. It just hooked and pulled so freakn hard. Before I could basically turn my music down I was flying by him. The speedo was reading 118 mph. I mean mear seconds bros. 68-118 mph. I have been cheesing for the past Two hours. Man that was a rush! This was my first time driving on the interstate with the tine uploaded. I just got the car back Sunday from having the DP, FP and Mid pipe installed. Also had PTP turbo blanket, downpipe elbow and gold foil wrap on my intake housing

Last edited:

Fedcopper

First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Not true. The PRL tune was designed with prl intake, intercooler, downpipe and front pipe. He should run the 1.1 tune

Anyhow, Im on the 1.1 but I lowered midrange torque request for all gears to match the stage 1 tune. 1.1 felt way too aggressive in the 25- 70% throttle range to me. Why would anyone want to hit 10-15lb of boost with light throttle lol....
The only true factor here on the PRL tune is the intercooler. A open 3 inch down pipe is an open 3 inch down pipe. No matter who makes it. The same for the Front pipe. 3 inches is 3 inches. I wouldn't run a different brand intercooler or a drop in filter intake. I have Mishimoto Intake, PRL Intercooler, PRL intercooler charge pipes, RV6 Catless Downpipe, Greddy Front Pipe and Greddy Supreme SP exhaust with the upgraded mid pipe. It pulls like a damn thoroughbred horse. In R+ and still quick in Comfort and Sport. But you can tell the tables arent as extreme. If I can catch a 60 degree morning going to work it will break the tires loose in 3rd gear.
Sponsored