Ktuner 1.1 & PRL Full Bolt on Tune

Ktuner 1.1 or PRL Full Bolt on Tune? How many are using?

• Total voters

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
How many of you are currently using Ktuner 1.1 or PRL Full Bolt on Tune and what are your experiences so far?
Sponsored

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I’m on 1.1. Loving it. Considerably more power than stock. Lots of midrange torque. Car spins in 2nd and pulls hard 3rd and 4th.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am running the 1.1 and its great! 3rd gear pulls are amazing.

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m running the PRL FBO tune and it’s incredibly strong in the mid range! I believe 1st gear has lowered targets to help with traction. 5th and 6th gears on the interstate pull like 3rd and 4th. I often have to look and see if I’m actually in 6th gear because it feels so strong!

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m running the PRL FBO tune and it’s incredibly strong in the mid range! I believe 1st gear has lowered targets to help with traction. 5th and 6th gears on the interstate pull like 3rd and 4th. I often have to look and see if I’m actually in 6th gear because it feels so strong!
I should upload that map and try it. I didn't because I don't have a inlet yet.

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I should upload that map and try it. I didn't because I don't have a inlet yet.
Yes....you absolutely have enough based on what I see! Enjoy :thumbsup:

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m on 1.1. Loving it. Considerably more power than stock. Lots of midrange torque. Car spins in 2nd and pulls hard 3rd and 4th.
Looking at your build. Which I must say is Awesome! Is there any reason why you’re choosing 1.1 vs PRL FBO?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Looking at your build. Which I must say is Awesome! Is there any reason why you’re choosing 1.1 vs PRL FBO?
Thanks brotha! I wasn’t sure if it could apply to me. I only have the PRL HVI.

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks brotha! I wasn’t sure if it could apply to me. I only have the PRL HVI.
Yes....because of the name many think you need “ALL” PRL components. But in fact you just need the necessary bolt-ons.

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
Yes....because of the name many think you need “ALL” PRL components. But in fact you just need the necessary bolt-ons.
Not true. The PRL tune was designed with prl intake, intercooler, downpipe and front pipe. He should run the 1.1 tune

Anyhow, Im on the 1.1 but I lowered midrange torque request for all gears to match the stage 1 tune. 1.1 felt way too aggressive in the 25- 70% throttle range to me. Why would anyone want to hit 10-15lb of boost with light throttle lol....

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Not true. The PRL tune was designed with prl intake, intercooler, downpipe and front pipe. He should run the 1.1 tune

Anyhow, Im on the 1.1 but I lowered midrange torque request for all gears to match the stage 1 tune. 1.1 felt way too aggressive in the 25- 70% throttle range to me. Why would anyone want to hit 10-15lb of boost with light throttle lol....
This is the post I used to reach that understanding. Let me know what you think.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/ktuner-extended-testing-and-tune-results.21481/post-764170

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
This is the post I used to reach that understanding. Let me know what you think.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/ktuner-extended-testing-and-tune-results.21481/post-764170
I agree with you that if you have all 4 of the boltons (PRL or not) that you would be fine with the PRL tune. I misread your previous post and thought that you meant as long as you have a single PRL component. I do think that if using the PRL tune that you should at least have the PRL brand intake because intakes with different designs and MAF housings can vary your air fuel ratios a lot.

OP
OP
FK8REY

FK8REY

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I agree with you that if you have all 4 of the boltons (PRL or not) that you would be fine with the PRL tune. I misread your previous post and thought that you meant as long as you have a single PRL component. I do think that if using the PRL tune that you should at least have the PRL brand intake because intakes with different designs and MAF housings can vary your air fuel ratios a lot.
Yea....I made a mistake getting the Mishi intake. The PRL HVI wasn’t released at the time I made that decision, and now it’s probably the next thing I do. Honestly, just for the lower IAT’s! The Mishimoto intake heat soaks badly. The MAF is an added bonus!

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what is 1.1 and prl full bolt on tune? i have to say i have never heard of of them of what tuner its for

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
what is 1.1 and prl full bolt on tune? i have to say i have never heard of of them of what tuner its for
They are pre made tunes that you get access to if you buy a Ktuner.
Sponsored