Virhan

First Name
Virhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK4 Hatchback CVT 2017
Country flag
Thanksfull for KTuner, just today update version, which is availability of ignition correction IAT &ECT. That is : straight related to my first posting
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner 1.0.9.4 (software) F0B9A938-A067-4FE8-B540-909C527CF677
about knocking.

Hopefully, next update version will be all support for my ECU 37820-5AG-P83 (on fly map etc) and initial support for my other car ECU 37820-5AG-U61.
Sponsored

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You're welcome. We are continuing to develop all ECUs.
Any plans to develop more OTS tunes like the Hondata one? I was told that KTuner was waiting for a fuel system upgrade before going to stage 2 but Hondata already has the kit. Is KTuner working with anyone on that or is stage 1 the end of the run?

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
As fuel system upgrades become available more testing will be done.
Yes, that was the response in the email I received. Wasn't my question nor a proper response.

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Meaning the stage 1 is not the end of the road.
Would love to see more Type R development, still holding onto my KTuner in hopes of it getting some updates like remote jailbreaking so that it can go into my R and I don't have to pay Hondata to jailbreak my ECU without being car less for a week.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We do early AM delivery, so if you shipped by your local shipping cutoff on a Tuesday, for instance, you'd have it Thursday before 10:30AM in most cases. That certainly doesn't equate to a week, but if you want zero downtime we cannot accommodate at this time.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Meaning the stage 1 is not the end of the road.
Don't care about remote jail breaking but it seems the "in development" answer is all that keeps coming out. In my email, I asked "Are you (K-Tuner), actually working on that or just hoping someone else releases something (e.g. fuel system). Answer was the same ...."in development". Even stage "1" doesn't really customize anything like the Hondata, who themselves are working and releasing hardware. There are only so many bolt-ons for the FK8, KTuner should be releasing maps more tailored to bolt ons. There's really nothing in the software that allows anything other than flashing to a minimal selection of maps for the FK8, outside of a custom tune.

Nothing for VSA or anything. And it was ~$50 to ship and get the ECU back, I don't see many people doing that with the new options.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Don't care about remote jail breaking but it seems the "in development" answer is all that keeps coming out. In my email, I asked "Are you (K-Tuner), actually working on that or just hoping someone else releases something (e.g. fuel system). Answer was the same ...."in development". Even stage "1" doesn't really customize anything like the Hondata, who themselves are working and releasing hardware. There are only so many bolt-ons for the FK8, KTuner should be releasing maps more tailored to bolt ons. There's really nothing in the software that allows anything other than flashing to a minimal selection of maps for the FK8, outside of a custom tune.

Nothing for VSA or anything. And it was ~$50 to ship and get the ECU back, I don't see many people doing that with the new options.
Thanks for the feedback.

There are tunes in testing derived from multiple vehicles tuned by one of our dealers with the most experience on this platform.

In testing, and through countless datalogs, the intakes out there on the market do not require adjustments except for the Eventuri, which we suggest a custom tune for. That data then suggests it would be a ploy to add a bunch of intake tunes just to appease seeing more tunes in the list. Have you seen anyone with an intake complaining about how it runs on our included tunes? I'd be interested to see that if so.

We do have a tune with cam changes for a downpipe, which we adjusted on PRL's Type-R with their downpipe when they weren't making as much power as they did before bolting it on. Adding an exhaust does nothing additional and thusly requires no additional changes. Some have found the stage 1 runs better and fine with their particular brand of downpipes. Both of these tunes are still available in the software due to this.

Originally we were interested in working with XDI on fuel upgrade kits, but were told no because they were already working with our competitor and had some sort of agreement in place.

At this point we have no interest in selling or making hard parts for any vehicles. We will support fuel upgrades that come onto the market as thorough testing is completed to a safe standard.

That hasn't seemed to slow anything down considering entry to tuning with our product is ~$250 less expensive.

Last edited:

Andre80

First Name
white civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.5 sport +
Country flag
Thanksfull for KTuner, just today update version, which is availability of ignition correction IAT &ECT. That is : straight related to my first posting
F0B9A938-A067-4FE8-B540-909C527CF677.jpeg
about knocking. [/ PREVENTIVO]

Hello

in the online help, where I find the explanation of that setting

OP
OP
Virhan

Virhan

First Name
Virhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK4 Hatchback CVT 2017
Country flag
If your IAT's go too high, these IAT ignition corrections will retard your timing so that K.Control stays more stable.

Here's the original information from Ktuner's JR:

The "Corr" is where you put in JR's numbers. Those numbers are the amount of timing retard corresponding to the IAT temp above it.
You can go to that posts (click that red “UP ARROW” sign) in the right side of author’s name.

hlinares0816

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback.

There are tunes in testing derived from multiple vehicles tuned by one of our dealers with the most experience on this platform.

In testing, and through countless datalogs, the intakes out there on the market do not require adjustments except for the Eventuri, which we suggest a custom tune for. That data then suggests it would be a ploy to add a bunch of intake tunes just to appease seeing more tunes in the list. Have you seen anyone with an intake complaining about how it runs on our included tunes? I'd be interested to see that if so.

We do have a tune with cam changes for a downpipe, which we adjusted on PRL's Type-R with their downpipe when they weren't making as much power as they did before bolting it on. Adding an exhaust does nothing additional and thusly requires no additional changes. Some have found the stage 1 runs better and fine with their particular brand of downpipes. Both of these tunes are still available in the software due to this.

Originally we were interested in working with XDI on fuel upgrade kits, but were told no because they were already working with our competitor and had some sort of agreement in place.

At this point we have no interest in selling or making hard parts for any vehicles. We will support fuel upgrades that come onto the market as thorough testing is completed to a safe standard.

That hasn't seemed to slow anything down considering entry to tuning with our product is ~$250 less expensive.
many plans on releasing the ktuner software for chrome is?

raulnor516

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I'd like to throw my hat in for ChromeOS or Linux support if possible also. The only computer that runs Windows in my house is my gaming desktop, the other 4 are all running Pop!OS or Manjaro.
Sponsored