Ksport coilovers

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you tried slightly adjusting the preload on the coils to compress them a little more? Gonna ride a little more rough but that's the lowlife for you.

Anyone have any luck trying to get the fronts on the k sports extremely low? Just swapped out my Megan coilovers for the k sports, and the Megan's sat a good 2 inches lower in the front than the k sports can go..
Sponsored

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Have you tried slightly adjusting the preload on the coils to compress them a little more? Gonna ride a little more rough but that's the lowlife for you.
Yes, started with them snug and then compressed it about an inch more and still nothing. Back at where it was before now, but going to try to run some more negative camber and see if that helps any.

Whole point of me trading the Megan's out for these was to get super low and tight fitment for the competitions this year that I'm in. I've had k sports before and had stance builds on them but this is just kind of confusing as to why this set for our tenth gens won't go anywhere near as low

45Lexroc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Coupe Touring.' 06 Lexus Is250.
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah for now, the only solution is to run negative camber I guess.

Yes, started with them snug and then compressed it about an inch more and still nothing. Back at where it was before now, but going to try to run some more negative camber and see if that helps any.

Whole point of me trading the Megan's out for these was to get super low and tight fitment for the competitions this year that I'm in. I've had k sports before and had stance builds on them but this is just kind of confusing as to why this set for our tenth gens won't go anywhere near as low

OP
OP
Reyescivicx

Reyescivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic, 15 Accord, 90 Wagovan
Vehicle Showcase
Was finally able to figure out how to slam the fronts. Had to throw the stock wheels back on until I get my rear fenders pulled, will post a picture when it's done!

IMG_1776.JPG
how did you get to work I tried everything ? I just gave up and just cambered it lol

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
how did you get to work I tried everything ? I just gave up and just cambered it lol
Well for the rears all I did was raise the collars all the way up to drop it all the way. Fronts were a little difficult and could be considered sketchy. Buuut I maxed out the camber on both sides, then maxed out the height adjuster on the shock body side, then dropped the sprig perches all the way down into the lowest third collar, essentially losing any sort of preload. For what it is it actually rides pretty decent in the front. Backs are fine, the front is a little floaty but not bad by any means. And that's with the dampening set at 16 so I'm going to raise it up to about 26/28 and see if it gets as stuff as I want it

I'll post pictures of the camber plates tomorrow to show where it's set at. Basically put the screws in the last 2 holes they could go into closest to the fender, then pushed it all the way in as far as it could go.

OP
OP
Reyescivicx

Reyescivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic, 15 Accord, 90 Wagovan
Vehicle Showcase
I
Well for the rears all I did was raise the collars all the way up to drop it all the way. Fronts were a little difficult and could be considered sketchy. Buuut I maxed out the camber on both sides, then maxed out the height adjuster on the shock body side, then dropped the sprig perches all the way down into the lowest third collar, essentially losing any sort of preload. For what it is it actually rides pretty decent in the front. Backs are fine, the front is a little floaty but not bad by any means. And that's with the dampening set at 16 so I'm going to raise it up to about 26/28 and see if it gets as stuff as I want it

I'll post pictures of the camber plates tomorrow to show where it's set at. Basically put the screws in the last 2 holes they could go into closest to the fender, then pushed it all the way in as far as it could go.
If you could post of the way you setup the front would be kool I want to see how you did it maybe it will work for me

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
I'm running some 17x9 +10mm offset wheels at the moment and planning on lowering soon. You guys think I'll be able to lower without crazy camber?

Honda Civic 10th gen Ksport coilovers IMG_20170816_120536

Honda Civic 10th gen Ksport coilovers IMG_20170815_182720

Honda Civic 10th gen Ksport coilovers IMG_20170815_182711

northwestghosts_cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
You'll have to roll the fenders if you're going low, I rolled mine and got about a quarter inch of clearance from the inside of the fender and tirewall at -3° camber all around on 18x9.5

I'm running some 17x9 +10mm offset wheels at the moment and planning on lowering soon. You guys think I'll be able to lower without crazy camber?

IMG_20170816_120536.jpg

IMG_20170815_182720.jpg

IMG_20170815_182711.jpg
Sponsored