Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
So, I was up late night, doing some googles.. "How to make civic faster?"... "2016 Civic boost".. and I came accross the first turbo kit I have seen for the K20C2, which I'm pretty sure is the 2.0L. Just wondering has anyone attempted this or think this is a bad idea?

https://www.carid.com/2016-honda-ci...otrex-supercharger-race-system-100746646.html
This is not a drop-in kit. You'll need to fabricate custom charge piping, A/C delete bracket, and make numerous other hardware changes like injectors and clutch. Never mind the fact that tuning for boost is not an option yet, unless you want to convert to stand alone engine management. It would cost you $10-15K to have the necessary work done by a reputable tuning shop to make it reliable.

chokesmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic LX Manual 2016
Country flag
I'm sure a drop in kit will eventually be out at some point. Probably a while after Hondata will release the flash pro for the 2.0 as they normally tune with that.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
This is not a drop-in kit. You'll need to fabricate custom charge piping, A/C delete bracket, and make numerous other hardware changes like injectors and clutch. Never mind the fact that tuning for boost is not an option yet, unless you want to convert to stand alone engine management. It would cost you $10-15K to have the necessary work done by a reputable tuning shop to make it reliable.
Exactly what I've been saying to people with the 2.0 n/a it's gonna cost lots of money. And a long wait. That's just how it is.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Exactly what I've been saying to people with the 2.0 n/a it's gonna cost lots of money. And a long wait. That's just how it is.
The quoted figure is inclusive of the labor cost, not just parts. Parts wise, this is doable for $6-7K, if one has the know-how to do everything themselves, which, based on the OP, clearly he does not. The cost-performance ratio is not really that bad since the right rotrex setup will deliver in excess of 300 whp.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Trust the people telling you to save your money. It's not worth $7k, and realistically it doesn't end there. I put a $6k kit on my civic si, then I had to replace several parts that broke due to too much power. Axles, clutches, etc.

Ended up spending way more than I wanted and wasn't really happy.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Trust the people telling you to save your money. It's not worth $7k, and realistically it doesn't end there. I put a $6k kit on my civic si, then I had to replace several parts that broke due to too much power. Axles, clutches, etc.

Ended up spending way more than I wanted and wasn't really happy.
Exactly my point. Couldn't have said it better.
Sponsored