OP
Candyblueta

Candyblueta

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CTR, '01 PY ITR, '17 R8 Plus, '15 M4 700+hp, '15 Sprintex S/C CR-Z, '20 Ram 1500 Longhorn, '71 C10 Restored, '01 BMW Wagon, '02 CETA WS6, & some bikes!
Country flag
So how can I order one of c&r’s or PWR
Sponsored

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
I ordered the street version and their intercooler yesterday. Call/email them. I recommend C&R are a PWR company. Same exact design but manufactured in the US. Price is slightly higher than PWR but shipping from Indy vs Australia is significantly less.

flixman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R - Black
Country flag
so if our ctr is a daily with few track days a year. from what I'm reading all you guys recommend the street version?

Last edited:

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Generally speaking that's right. But if you live in a warmer climate and don't drive in traffic you can get by with the race version.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Imagine the C&R/PWR intercooler would be really good. Bolts to the OEM location, no kit hoses. Curious if it will cool the same or better than larger intercoolers using their fin technology, but without the turbo lag and intake sound dampening.

Tempted to order one to try out...

I ordered the street version and their intercooler yesterday. Call/email them. I recommend C&R are a PWR company. Same exact design but manufactured in the US. Price is slightly higher than PWR but shipping from Indy vs Australia is significantly less.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Fwiw, Luke@PWR strongly suggested the Race version when I described use similar to yours. Of course he’s in sales and the Race version is several hundred $$$ more, heh.

I am in SoCal however and it doesn’t get cold often. Will be running a vented hood and open grill with it.

PWR claims their radiator will solve the overheating issue... so am looking forward to seeing feedback when people get these installed and it’s summer time.

so we if our ctr is a daily with few track days a year. from what I'm reading all you guys recommend the street version?

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fwiw, Luke@PWR strongly suggested the Race version when I described use similar to yours. Of course he’s in sales and the Race version is several hundred $$$ more, heh.

I am in SoCal however and it doesn’t get cold often. Will be running a vented hood and open grill with it.

PWR claims their radiator will solve the overheating issue... so am looking forward to seeing feedback when people get these installed and it’s summer time.
If I didn't drive my CTR in the winter (Jan/Feb are usually in the teens) I would have gone with the race radiator. I don't have traffic where I live.

Cory from C&R said their tube & fin I/C is the best balance for cooling and air flow to the radiator. IAT's will rise quicker but also fall off faster. Bar & plate will have lower initial IATs but will eventually heat soak and stay hotter. Bar & plate stands up to debris better too. We'll see how their I/C does.

If you look at the BTCC CTR it doesn't have hood vents and runs the PWR/C&R radiator and doesn't over heat. Granted it doesn't have the A/C condenser in the way but I think the race version will fix the over heating issues.

Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race btcc type r

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Milktealord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Fk8 Type R
Country flag
Came across this on Instagram, been following his work for awhile. Ken been fabricating parts and racing his 8th and 9th gen civic and been pretty successful at it. According to the post he might have found the problem but he is currently waiting on some MOTEC data before confirming. I personally would hold off and see what his data has to say before blowing 1000 on a radiator. Thought I'd share this among you guys.
Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race 1

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
The Mishimoto looks really good , at least at the moment they have the only intercooler capable to hold the motor running from 1 to 6 gear at wot keep it up the temps below 100 degrees , We have been tested with other intercooler and they running temps to high , for give an example PRL we are getting above 140f on the track and street. Motors with bolts and and custom tune mostly tuning 22 to 27 psi of boost. Course we are talking about heavy track and street driving whit ambient temps around 90 degrees in Florida .
This Mishimoto radiator looks pretty good , the core is not too think witch allows to dissipate the heat faster . Let see how it does .

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Came across this on Instagram, been following his work for awhile. Ken been fabricating parts and racing his 8th and 9th gen civic and been pretty successful at it. According to the post he might have found the problem but he is currently waiting on some MOTEC data before confirming. I personally would hold off and see what his data has to say before blowing 1000 on a radiator. Thought I'd share this among you guys.
1.png

Just a follow up this car still over heated.