KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race

Candyblueta

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CTR, '01 PY ITR, '17 R8 Plus, '15 M4 700+hp, '15 Sprintex S/C CR-Z, '20 Ram 1500 Longhorn, '71 C10 Restored, '01 BMW Wagon, '02 CETA WS6, & some bikes!
Country flag
Does anyone have any experience with these? I am looking to upgrade my Radiator and was trying to decide between the three. Are they both easy install with no modifications? any advantage to one vs. the other?

Im leaning towards the spoon unit but I don't see where anyone has installed one. Im not looking to modify anything to install this, i.e. trimming/cutting/relocating.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Look into PWR. Those options you stated have been tried before and haven't helped with over heating.

PWR specializes in racing radiators in F1, V8 Supercar, NASCAR, etc. Their fin technology is superior to all of those you listed above.

OP
OP
Candyblueta

Candyblueta

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CTR, '01 PY ITR, '17 R8 Plus, '15 M4 700+hp, '15 Sprintex S/C CR-Z, '20 Ram 1500 Longhorn, '71 C10 Restored, '01 BMW Wagon, '02 CETA WS6, & some bikes!
Country flag
Look into PWR. Those options you stated have been tried before and haven't helped with over heating.

PWR specializes in racing radiators in F1, V8 Supercar, NASCAR, etc. Their fin technology is superior to all of those you listed above.
Are their radiators direct fit?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Are their radiators direct fit?
Yes. They have two versions, street and track. Both are 42mm and are drop in units that require no cutting.

B2FiNiTY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FK8
Country flag
koyo is best bang for the buck but there are higher end options.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The spoon one, like all of their products are wayyy overpriced. $1,600 for a radiator? Lol

I personally would just get the 2020 grille, radiator and some hoses. Radiator won't do much good unless you can get a good volume of air to it.

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Yes. They have two versions, street and track. Both are 42mm and are drop in units that require no cutting.
Do you have a link to pricing/information on the two PWR options? All I see is a Facebook page and PWR’s website doesn’t seem to have info.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here’s a link to DIY Koyorad install, which should be pretty much the same for most radiators.

Koyorad install

Haven’t had any overheating issues so far but I’m a new track driver, untuned and I haven’t seen high ambient temps yet.

Ordered a PWR premium race radiator. Hopefully will have it installed in time for Summer.

Last edited:

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen KOYORAD radiator VS. Spoon VS. Full Race F14E89CB-BB4C-4EBF-B688-433E52792731

Hit up Luke White via email:

[email protected]

He recommended the premium for daily + some track use. $1450AUS is something like $900 USD. That’s the route I’m going, with Acuity reverse flow silicone hoses

Do you have a link to pricing/information on the two PWR options? All I see is a Facebook page and PWR’s website doesn’t seem to have info.

Last edited:

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Another option is to hit up Cory Grove ([email protected]) at C&R Racing (PWR's US subsidiary) and tell him Anthony Lee sent you. You can get either the street version radiator ($714 shipped) or their race version (didn't ask how much it costs, but expect around $1,000 like the PWR). They're both 42mm thick, like the PWR, and according to him, have the R-fin, louvered fin, and hemmed fin technology. The main difference appears to be the street version having dimpled tubes and the race version having extruded tubes. Whatever version/company you go with, I'm extremely confident they will outperform a Koyo/FR/Spoon radiator.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
1,166 shipped to Cali for the track version.

They have a street version which uses a different fin design and has lower fin density. The track version will be more efficient at speed and uses Rfin technology.

Email [email protected] or DM them on FB and let them know Michael Wiellett sent you.

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Get the 2020 OEM radiator and save yourself money.
He has a point...it is 1/10 of the cost. If and I know it is a big if, it cools sufficiently then it is hard to make the argument for the PWR. We will see...
Sponsored