haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I fitted my Koyorad yesterday and was doing some more work today; I noticed there's a slight touch on the upper radiator hose from the PRL intake - I'd seen this with the Race MAF, but I haven't seen it reported with the standard one.

Any reccomended solution? - Thinking it may be possible to twizzle the hose round a bit?

Furthermore, any issues with Acuity reverse flows in this setup? I'd be interested in getting them if they sort the issue.
Sponsored

Matt-10611

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I fitted my Koyorad yesterday and was doing some more work today; I noticed there's a slight touch on the upper radiator hose from the PRL intake - I'd seen this with the Race MAF, but I haven't seen it reported with the standard one.

Any reccomended solution? - Thinking it may be possible to twizzle the hose round a bit?

Furthermore, any issues with Acuity reverse flows in this setup? I'd be interested in getting them if they sort the issue.
I've got the prl intake, a koyorad and the acuity hoses. Hoses still touch the maf.

koochieman

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic Sedan, 2018 Black CTR
Country flag
looking to install same setup mentioned above, PRL intake/Koyo Rad/ Acuity lines.

Seen a member sell his used koyo radiator and I did reall seeing some of the fins bent in (nothing dramatic but also something I wasn't aware of regarding clearance issue)
I'm interested in what fluid level capacity is needed for radiator upgrade, also is there an option on hondata or is just a direct swap?

OP
OP
haltamer

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I'm interested in what fluid level capacity is needed for radiator upgrade, also is there an option on hondata or is just a direct swap?
You shouldn't get any bent fins from clearance issues, more likely it took a knock when installing or whilst working around it.

As for fluid capacity, budget about 7L Ish at an eyeball..

If you squeeze the upper rad hose like a ball pump, and the two hoses to the heater core at the back of the engine, you'll get the air bubbles out much quicker.
Sponsored