First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic coupe 10th gen
Country flag
2020 civic coupe lx

I have a clunking as I would almost describe like popcorn popping. When I turn my steering wheel to the right both moving at parking lot speeds and stationary I’ve brought the car to the Honda dealer and they can’t diagnose the noise and they will not put random parts on the car until they find out what’s causing the noise.

the mechanic said it might be the rack and pinion but I don’t think it is just trying to hear some peoples opinions.
the car makes the noise turning to the right until lock and turning back left until the tires are pointed straight but will not make it turning left until the lock. Any help will be appreciated.

I’ve replaced the strut mount bearings already on both side to try and fix it myself and it didn’t help I can’t find any videos on this site with the sound my car is making and I can’t get a video myself the sound comes and goes I will post a video when she starts making the noise again
Sponsored

OP
OP

Shanem22

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The noise goes away when they put the car in the lift that’s what they said anyway

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase

borcth

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have this issue too. lol
I took it to my mechanic and they couldn't figure it out. On the lift, checking everything and going for a drive. They could not duplicate it either. I come home and it goes pop pop pop when I turn right at a slow speed coming to a stop. It's def coming from the driver side front. It never happens during normal driving. It just came up one day and has been with me for a few months. One of those suspension gremlins. Part of the deal with modifying your car. Seems to be a trade off. I used to have a passenger side front brake squeal that lasted for a few months during summer. ONLY happened at home, in my apartment parking lot at slow speeds going over speed bump. But never did it anywhere else. WTF. It finally went away, but not I have that pop/click noise.

Even during my oil change couple of days ago when they do their inspection of everything and they check suspension components, they never noticed anything wrong and they're pretty thorough. They went for a test drive too, since they always do after installation of parts to make sure everything is good.

OP
OP

Shanem22

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have this issue too. lol
I took it to my mechanic and they couldn't figure it out. On the lift, checking everything and going for a drive. They could not duplicate it either. I come home and it goes pop pop pop when I turn right at a slow speed coming to a stop. It's def coming from the driver side front. It never happens during normal driving. It just came up one day and has been with me for a few months. One of those suspension gremlins. Part of the deal with modifying your car. Seems to be a trade off. I used to have a passenger side front brake squeal that lasted for a few months during summer. ONLY happened at home, in my apartment parking lot at slow speeds going over speed bump. But never did it anywhere else. WTF. It finally went away, but not I have that pop/click noise.

Even during my oil change couple of days ago when they do their inspection of everything and they check suspension components, they never noticed anything wrong and they're pretty thorough. They went for a test drive too, since they always do after installation of parts to make sure everything is good.
Yes the noise comes and goes for me too she won’t make the noise when I’m at the shop lol
Sponsored