theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
I have been running TSP tune on my CVT hatch. Yesterday, after filling up with 93 octane from Sunoco knock control was at .49. This morning, (just for fun) I flashed back to Ktuner 21 duel with adjustments maxed out and drove for about 60 miles (not hard). Knock control was at .65 the entire time. Two questions

1. I wonder why it would be different on the same tank of gas
2. Does it even matter?
Sponsored

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I have been running TSP tune on my CVT hatch. Yesterday, after filling up with 93 octane from Sunoco knock control was at .49. This morning, (just for fun) I flashed back to Ktuner 21 duel with adjustments maxed out and drove for about 60 miles (not hard). Knock control was at .65 the entire time. Two questions

1. I wonder why it would be different on the same tank of gas
2. Does it even matter?
1. Other people will say otherwise but the act of flashing needs to have miles put on each flash before the car learns into the new flash. Give it a few days and watch it lower itself.

2. Yes it matters. The numbers your referencing are very minor though. I've never personally allowed or seen higher than .67.

OP
OP

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
1. Other people will say otherwise but the act of flashing needs to have miles put on each flash before the car learns into the new flash. Give it a few days and watch it lower itself.

2. Yes it matters. The numbers your referencing are very minor though. I've never personally allowed or seen higher than .67.
Appreciate it.

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Yeah, I've actually got this knock control thread and the one about BOVs saved to my phone. I just thought it was interesting that the knock control was different on same tank of gas. As @PowerPerLiter stated, I just went for another run and it is down to .55.
Sponsored