Knock control parameters and meanings.

FRDA250.FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But that's exactly how knock control is supposed to work on the non-Si's.

K.C. will rise anytime the engine goes above 5200 rpm. It also rises under load, like up a hill.

As long as it slowly comes down, all is well.
Exactly just confirming it all seems to be in normal parameters with the same fuel.

I am interested to see how the ability to eliminate artificial knock control pans out over the next little bit. .80 seems like it would be doing a lot but if it’s just once and then back to normal driving that sounds fine, not continuous pulls when the artificial knock would be at .80
Sponsored

OP
OP

RyzenShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport
Country flag
Knowing of knock control and it’s fluctuations on a stock/non-tuned motor would help normalize it a bit and give me something to make comparisons. I didn’t know about knock control before I got my k tuner and Phearable tune, but now the k tuner can track it for me but it all seems arbitrary because I didn’t know what the KC numbers were like on the stock engine.

OP
OP

RyzenShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport
Country flag
Sounds like standard behavior.
I am going for a 3.5 hour cruise involving elevation gains. I know that my knock control increases with uphill driving. Should I leave the k tuner at home for this trip?

OP
OP

RyzenShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport
Country flag
I'm not really sure why you're asking. That decision would be up to you.
Is a lot of uphill driving that raises knock control a reason to forgo using the tune for the trip?

Enerico

First Name
Enrico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 Sports Hatchback
Country flag
But that's exactly how knock control is supposed to work on the non-Si's.

K.C. will rise anytime the engine goes above 5200 rpm. It also rises under load, like up a hill.

As long as it slowly comes down, all is well.
Sheesh Finally found more discussion about the Knock Control safe range and ideal. Thanks, Gtman and Ktuner and others. I feel a bit reassured and more understanding these units represent.

Update: Running on Shell 93 (Canada)
City Driving (0-70km/hr): 0.54
Highway Dirivng (110-130km/hr): 0.66 - 0.74
Sponsored

Last edited: